IOPList.Org
Kolonop!n for Migraines - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: International Online Pharmacies (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: IOP General Discussion (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Kolonop!n for Migraines (/showthread.php?tid=4238)

Pages: 1 2

Kolonop!n for Migraines - Xfizzler - 02-01-2018

I have been suffering from crippling migraines on and off. And was recently prescribed kolonop!n and theses migraines last for 6 to 8 hrs. I had tried everything! And  Believe it or not this prescription actually helped. I’m amazed. Has anyone else heard about that or have experience that?

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Rafterman - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 06:14 AM)Xfizzler Wrote: I have been suffering from crippling migraines on and off. And was recently prescribed kolonop!n and theses migraines last for 6 to 8 hrs. I had tried everything! And  Believe it or not this prescription actually helped. I’m amazed. Has anyone else heard about that or have experience that?
Yes, at the practice where I worked, they scripted Clowns off-label for some pain conditions, including migraines and trigeminal neuralgia. I am happy to hear that you are getting relief! Migraines are horribly disabling. If they ever stop working for you, consider Botox injections, or the latest cranial-selective calcium channel blockers. Cheers. RM

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Xfizzler - 02-02-2018

Hi Rafterman & Zman!!!

Thanks for your insight and response to my thread. Rafter.... here is something I found to support your wisdom on the mattter. And Zman thanks for letting my know that I was right to ask for the KP!n prescription.below is an article I found.

According to classic theory, a migraine attack is initiated by cerebrovascular spasm followed by extracranial vasodilatation. Results of recent studies support this theory and suggest that cerebral blood flow during the initial phase of migraine symptoms is, in fact, decreased and this decrease probably leads to ischemia and hypoxia. Cellular hypoxia, in turn, can cause an increase in the flow of calcium from the extracellular fluid to the intracellular space, resulting in calcium overload and cellular dysfunction. Because calcium-channel blockers selectively inhibit the intracellular influx of calcium ions, investigators have begun evaluating the efficacy of these agents for migraine prophylaxis. Nimodipine, a calcium-channel blocker that exhibits selective effects on cerebral vessels, seems to offer protection against the cerebral ischemia and hypoxia presumed to be operative during migraine attacks. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, nimodipine decreased the frequency and duration of migraine attacks by at least half in 69% of patients treated with this agent. Comparable reductions in migraine frequency and duration were attained in 58, 51, 41 and 52% of patients treated with methysergide maleate, pizotifen, clonidine hydrochloride and propranolol, respectively. The piperazine derivative flunarizine also has calcium-channel blocking properties. This agent prevents vasospasm in cerebral arteries and protects against cerebral hypoxia. Results of double-blind studies of migraine prophylaxis with flunarizine demonstrate the beneficial effects of this agent, particularly in younger patients. Flunarizine proved to be superior to pizotifen in decreasing the severity of migraine attacks and comparable to pizotifen in decreasing their frequency.

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Rafterman - 02-03-2018

(02-02-2018, 11:48 PM)Xfizzler Wrote: Hi Rafterman & Zman!!!

Thanks for your insight and response to my thread. Rafter.... here is something I found to support your wisdom on the mattter. And Zman thanks for letting my know that I was right to ask for the KP!n prescription.below is an article I found.

According to classic theory, a migraine attack is initiated by cerebrovascular spasm followed by extracranial vasodilatation. Results of recent studies support this theory and suggest that cerebral blood flow during the initial phase of migraine symptoms is, in fact, decreased and this decrease probably leads to ischemia and hypoxia. Cellular hypoxia, in turn, can cause an increase in the flow of calcium from the extracellular fluid to the intracellular space, resulting in calcium overload and cellular dysfunction. Because calcium-channel blockers selectively inhibit the intracellular influx of calcium ions, investigators have begun evaluating the efficacy of these agents for migraine prophylaxis. Nimodipine, a calcium-channel blocker that exhibits selective effects on cerebral vessels, seems to offer protection against the cerebral ischemia and hypoxia presumed to be operative during migraine attacks. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, nimodipine decreased the frequency and duration of migraine attacks by at least half in 69% of patients treated with this agent. Comparable reductions in migraine frequency and duration were attained in 58, 51, 41 and 52% of patients treated with methysergide maleate, pizotifen, clonidine hydrochloride and propranolol, respectively. The piperazine derivative flunarizine also has calcium-channel blocking properties. This agent prevents vasospasm in cerebral arteries and protects against cerebral hypoxia. Results of double-blind studies of migraine prophylaxis with flunarizine demonstrate the beneficial effects of this agent, particularly in younger patients. Flunarizine proved to be superior to pizotifen in decreasing the severity of migraine attacks and comparable to pizotifen in decreasing their frequency.

My pleasure, X,
Yep, Nimodipine is the cranial-selective CCB that I have seen work for several people. These are people who did not first try a benzo. They went right to the Nimodipine and experienced positive results. Do you think you might just keep this knowledge as a back up plan, while staying on the clowns for now? As we all know, finding a doc who will write for off-label use of a benzo is not easy. I have one that scripts clowns for me for a condition called costochondritis. It would seem a shame to not take advantage of the fact that your doc is broad-minded enough to go off label and treat migraine with it. Just curious as to what you think you might do.  RM

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Raven - 02-03-2018

Pardon me for barging in on your thread Xfizzler. I have a follow-up question which may be of help to others reading here.
Question: Are Klonopin - Clonazepam - Rivotril all the same medication? I have always been confused about this.

Thanks
Raven

P.S. Welcome to the IOPList Xfizzler!

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Xfizzler - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 01:50 AM)Raven Wrote: Pardon me for barging in on your thread Xfizzler. I have a follow-up question which may be of help to others reading here.
Question: Are Klonopin - Clonazepam - Rivotril all the same medication? I have always been confused about this.

Thanks
Raven

P.S. Welcome to the IOPList Xfizzler!
Hi Raven! Yes Kolonopin is the original followed by Rivotril and Clonazepam being the more generic.

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Bandit - 02-08-2018

OI have a close relative that suffers from debilitating migraines. Her physician recently suggested she add a magnesium supplement to her daily regimen and she now swears by it. In addition to regular migraine meds it may be worth a try.

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - texasoutlaw - 02-08-2018

I have horrendous migraines and I find that this medicine really does work for the migraines. Also botox is effective and really helped with my migraines overall

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - zebra1922 - 02-08-2018

I’ve not heard of this. I was prescribed Sumatriptan which seems to lesson the effects/shorten a migraine but not stop them. I’ll ask my doc about this K stuff.

I should add for those who have never affected from them migraines are a unique sort of pain. Opiates, even morphine have absolutely no impact, and I’ve not experienced that with any other pain I’ve effected from in the past. Weird and very horrible things, only upside for me is I only get one every 3-4 months. I’ve no idea how people cope who have them more frequently.

RE: Kolonop!n for Migraines - Rafterman - 02-09-2018

(02-08-2018, 07:55 PM)texasoutlaw Wrote: I have horrendous migraines and I find that this medicine really does work for the migraines. Also botox is effective and really helped with my migraines overall

yes, my sister-in-law has had great success for migraine by having Botox injections in her forehead. She jokes that it has also made her look years younger, which it really has.