IOPList.Org
Valerian Root - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Diet And Supplements (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Valerian Root (/showthread.php?tid=4589)

Pages: 1 2

Valerian Root - maz123 - 06-11-2018

Has anyone used this with any success for a sleep aid, or is it supplement BS?

RE: Valerian Root - MoJim - 06-12-2018

I personally have found it to be ineffective. Plus the smell is awful! Maybe others have had some success. It's relatively cheap, so it may be worth a try for you. Your body chemistry might align with it.

RE: Valerian Root - anxietyguy - 06-12-2018

It depend on how bad your insomnia is . For me, have none effect. But I have a friend that use it for sleep and he love it.

RE: Valerian Root - anxietyguy - 07-29-2018

May be you can do a combo, like I told, Valerian root is really too week. Like SlickBuddha told, if you combine different naturals, it may work.

RE: Valerian Root - reilli - 07-30-2018

It didn't work for me but I have friends who swear by it. If you try it let us know what you think please.

RE: Valerian Root - killingstress - 04-13-2019

For what I understand, Valerina root contain GABA. And, for what I know, it don't pass the blood barrier, so most probably will not work. it didn't for me. If you want to go the supplement way, there are good things to do a combo, like Theanine + 5-htp + Aswhaganda .

RE: Valerian Root - TeknoFunk - 05-29-2019

Valerian Root comes in different strengths. Just like kava has Kavalactones, Most Valerian on the market does not pass most safety tests. 25% of Valerian Herbal Sleep Supplements Pass Tests For Quality
from a site called ConsumerLab.com, a leading provider of consumer information and independent evaluations of natural medications (herbs, vitamins and supplements). Best ones that pasted the test of not having lead and other bad things are the ones below.
A. Vogel (Bioforce),
Bluebonnet,
CVS,
Douglas Laboratories,
Genestra (Seroyal),
Mason,
Nature’s Answer,
Shaklee,
Solaray, and
Solgar.

Hopefully that helps you research before you buy.

RE: Valerian Root - folken - 05-29-2019

Nice post Techno

Who would have thought it was so bad purity

Just what we always wanted -- lead in our medications -

Folken

ps < valerian did didily for me > but your mileage may vary or course.

RE: Valerian Root - Cantique - 06-03-2019

(05-29-2019, 08:25 AM)TeknoFunk Wrote: Valerian Root comes in different strengths. Just like kava has Kavalactones, Most Valerian on the market does not pass most safety tests. 25% of Valerian Herbal Sleep Supplements Pass Tests For Quality
from a site called ConsumerLab.com, a leading provider of consumer information and independent evaluations of natural medications (herbs, vitamins and supplements). Best ones that pasted the test of not having lead and other bad things are the ones below.
A. Vogel (Bioforce),
Bluebonnet,
CVS,
Douglas Laboratories,
Genestra (Seroyal),
Mason,
Nature’s Answer,
Shaklee,
Solaray, and
Solgar.

Thanks for this, it's a good start for some research. 

Hopefully that helps you research before you buy.

RE: Valerian Root - Wannabenormal18 - 08-30-2019

I wanted valerian root to work so badly but it always failed me. I suppose it can help the sleep of a person who already sleeps but just wants an improvement