Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Librium
I am looking for the benzodiazepine Librium. It is often used to combat drug and alcohol addiction. They are recommends for xanax withdrawals due to its long Half-Life.
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if you don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, you're bananas. 
Pretty sure a SY vendor carries it.
Hi Woodhouse, may I ask why you're looking for Librium specifically? It does have a long half-life, but so does diazepam, and that's what's recommended for the Ashton protocol.
(01-12-2018, 05:45 AM)invisiblejungle Wrote: Hi Woodhouse, may I ask why you're looking for Librium specifically? It does have a long half-life, but so does diazepam, and that's what's recommended for the Ashton protocol.

I was prescribed librium when detoxing from xanax. Plus Its killer for anxiety. I found 25mg to be perfect for functioning during the day. Its smooth and less dopey.
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if you don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, you're bananas. 
(01-12-2018, 05:45 AM)invisiblejungle Wrote: Hi Woodhouse, may I ask why you're looking for Librium specifically? It does have a long half-life, but so does diazepam, and that's what's recommended for the Ashton protocol.

Also, I like Valium a little too much, I could eat them all day. Pretty much the same for Xanax. I get anxious just thinking about xanax. The body craves it within hours. That could lead to some adverse effects... granted usually they come from withdraw symptoms of which I don't get anymore. However, if you get seizures from benzo withdrawal you are much more likely to get them again... so I try not to play those games with my body. That was some really scary shit!
This med predates what we know as benzos and was very good for many things-esp alcohol management.

Unfortunately-while I think it can be found in India and other countries I have not seen it anywhere for a long time.

Was a great med and wish it was still around-seen generics online but not from anyone I can trust/back/had experience.

The long half life and breakdown products should make this a useful tool-guess when patent ran out long time ago they stopped making it and then came the benzos which were on patent.  Sometimes the old meds are better than new meds-dirty little secret but well known in medical community.

Bumping for more info-there are people more informed than I.
They definitely still make it. It is used widely in institutions for detox.
"Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley
Makes me miss the good old days of DDS... I have had almost no luck finding it. Some questionable Indian sites have it. But to me it looks like the same site layout as DDS & as far as I know they are no longer around. The other Bzo's are way more popular so I guess that why no vendors carry it.
It's great for the short term, but I think in the long term it was found to lead to kidney disease. My great-grandma was on it for ages and she like others suffered from that. But who knows, causation and correlation as always.
(01-20-2018, 09:38 PM)coffeedude22 Wrote: It's great for the short term, but I think in the long term it was found to lead to kidney disease.  My great-grandma was on it for ages and she like others suffered from that.  But who knows, causation and correlation as always.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that about your GG. That is good information tho, thank you for informing me.  I can't find it anyway. I found 1 or 2 Indian Pharms that I don't trust to order from. DDS had it back in the day but I don't think they are operating anymore. There are several identical sites to DDS but I imagine they are scam sites. 

I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It's not overly important just wanted some for emergencies. I liked how the Indian blister pack Librium was unscored & resembled a round tic-tac. I prefer the meds I order to be unscored.