Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Warning"view your credit report.
Just an F.Y.I for any of you that has not checked your credit report in the last year.I was just in the bank going over my accounts,I had my credit report pulled and found some very disturbing activity being done with my personal information.The real shitty thing is that at the time of this breach,i had lifeloc*,and Equif@x monitoring.to say the least,nobody said anything to me.its free,take a moment be safe.
Maybe you forgot last fall ..........

Equifax exposed

Some 143 million consumers around the world were affected — most of which were in the U.S., but also Canada and the U.K. — with that figure later rising to 148 million consumers. Yet, to date, the company has faced almost no repercussions, despite a string of corporate failings that led to one of the largest data breaches in history.

No thanks Equifax...................

a charter member of big Tech club who do not really care about your data security--- just give it up to us to mine and monetize please....................

Folken
lifelock was the first regular place to protect your info online.

The idiots posted their own, real social security number on all their trucks. And stated: You will never break our codes.

So of course they were hacked. Big time. And it cost them over a million dollars to clean up after their stupid stupid acts.

Our elections are hacked. Every one of the credit report places gets hacked. One gets hacked paying a Con Ed bill online.

So, now lifelock promises to spend up to a million dollars to protect your info. And they never put their social security number back up in public.

Equifax tells u Your info was nabbed. But u must pay to have them fix it. And, as i had a pesky former relative whom loved to usurp my credit history, I had to do the actual tracking down of hacking. False purchases.

And the Federal Trade Commission could care less. My medical doctor sister was hacked and robbed. She tracked them down as a worker at one of her hospitals. CC company said: five thousand? deal with it. its nothing.

Couple yrs later my dead husband was having a field day signing my name. And the FTC said lady, we dont care if your sister steals your credit, or your dead husband's name is being used. We have nothing but ID theft going on.

Fix it yourself. Nice people.

One can get credit reports free once a year, or, if one calls and is denied credit, one gets free credit reports also.

Good luck.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Wow, sounds like a nightmare. Good luck on getting this all squared away. I've had my CC cards digitally stolen, so I know a little bit about this topic.
(09-27-2018, 08:42 PM)Charon Wrote: You must learn to be responsible for your own health in this day and age.  The government does not care.

My debit card has been hacked twice at gas stations. Vis@ shut it down almost immediately. The red flag to them was that I made the purchase at a gas station and then an hour later several purchases were made a thousand miles away! My car is not that fast!
(04-11-2019, 04:39 PM)MoJim Wrote: My debit card has been hacked twice at gas stations. Vis@ shut it down almost immediately.  The red flag to them was that I made the purchase at a gas station and then an hour later several purchases were made a thousand miles away! My car is not that fast!

My debit card was used without my permission by all things an online gaming company in another country. It was a great game lots of people online around the clock because of the time difference, then suddenly the company closes. They had my debit card on record because this was one of the games that charged a monthly fee and I freely gave it to them to charge. Months after the game company closed my bank called and said my account was in overdraft protection. I went down to the bank ,saw the amount, where it was being sent and the name they used to charge monthly fees which was different than the game/company itself. So the company had remained charging me and who knows how many other people the monthly fee knowing full well no one was going there to contest it. New card and a lot smarter later nothing like that has happened again.
Lockes: great comment AND you are about to hit fifty posts. Use contact me button on bottom left of home page if u have problems since we updated about a week ago.

or, hopefully u can PM me but just not able to see in differing areas of forum.

No idea how last update could have affected any member.

Post to get my attention and i shall give u my email if necessary. Otherwise, use contact me button.

Congratulations on almost fifty posts. U may have to sign out and log out and back in. but once hit fifty, let me adjust ur acct. Jumpstart u to fifty area. k?

Hi guy's,I hope all is well?sorry I haven't been on to respond as of late.After months of begging pleading and praying to the BIG-THREE to clear up my credit report,I had to start all over.Cancel accounts,explain I had nothing to do with a house of SIX foreign gents trying to use my name to open accounts in CALI,TEXAS and our southern desert areas.I got no call back,no letter back,and no help at all.After I did all the research my self,i was a month to late.They moved out of a beautiful paid for house(one that I could not even afford when I was working back in the good ol'e days.They sold it for cash to another family member and moved a couple states over.I figured they got my name and info. by second hand.They weren't the vendor,they were a courier for a vendor.Go figure.Like I always said,were not SHOPPING at WALLYMARTS! I apologize for the rant,after all the STRESS,i was utterly drained. Peace2uAll!
That is so irksome john martin. A few have tried that with me. But i check my bank daily. Jerk offs will try all sorts of nonsense if you have made enemies online. A former landlord called my bank to say houseshare and i were out together and she could tell i was elderly and he was using me. Yeah, well, i had not been out in eight months at the time. And we are the same age. It was simply harassment. The worst of the worst amongst people can be found online.

Just go check out how they treat each other on FB. Disgusting. How do they all put up LOL emoticons when people have died. Sick world.

Good advice J M.

(10-28-2020, 09:26 PM)Charon Wrote: That is so irksome john martin.  A few have tried that with me. But i check my bank daily. Jerk offs will try all sorts of nonsense if you have made enemies online. A former landlord called my bank to say houseshare and i were out together and she could tell i was elderly and he was using me. Yeah, well, i had not been out in eight months at the time. And we are the same age. It was simply harassment.  The worst of the worst amongst people can be found online.

Just go check out how they treat each other on FB. Disgusting. How do they all put up LOL emoticons when people have died.  Sick world.

Good advice J M.

I couldn’t agree more Charon! I (as I’m sure many here) have nefarious entities trying to dupe or scam me especially as of late. As much as the internet has been an incredible advancement, the conversations and general delusion I see on social media is quite disheartening. People would never say or do such things when talking in person. Short worded tweets Just feels like an unhealthy way for humans to exchange thoughts. 

I’m starting to feel like the social media communication style is extremely toxic and can create or exasperate mental illness (in particular those heavily isolated). This is an issue I could talk about at length but I will refrain. And lastly, this is just my opinion. I am sure there are people that utilize social media platforms in healthy ways, what I see is just overwhelmingly negative and harmful to all parties. Best wishes to all!