Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Valium vs Phenobarbital
Just wondering what would be better if you have been taking xanax I need something diffrent and longer lasting and I don't want to take Clonazpam.  Thanks in advance
(11-14-2015, 06:33 AM)Harley Wrote: In my opinion, Phenobarbital is a whole different animal, okay med, than Xanax, Valium and other Benzodiazepines.  It is rarely scripted and for the most part Dr's quit prescribing as, again, my opinion, a lot of people did not "respect" this drug.  It can kill you if you don't follow the rules.

I am somewhat jaded too, I admit, but I lost a few people I knew back in the day from taking it, forgetting they took a dose, take another, have a few shots, etc.,

It will knock you on your ass.

Just be very very careful.  I also would not trust an IOP to have the real deal.  

DcMcB, I just don't want you to go into the unknown.  If you've been there before then you should know the dangers.  Of course this is only my opinion.

I have been taking Benzos for a long time and I will not abuse them for the exact reason you just stated.  I however want something more longer acting and Clonazapam works but I was just wondering if maybe valium or even Phenobarbital would be better.  I have never tried the Phenobarbital but maybe I should just take Valium they are pretty close the half life of clonozepam I believe.
Be very careful with pheno it has a high toxicity level compare to benzos . You can take quiet a few benzos . Barbs pheno can cause coma and death its used in dignitas clinics .
Just my 2cent
be safe my friend
Vets use it to utinaze animals its nearly as strong as proprofonol.anesthetic
Barbs are not to be messed with . You will be most likely sold a sodium form as it so restricted . People travel the world to buy genuine pheno

@Dcmcb i think clonz or rivers would be better than pheno .you.ll be sold thiopentinol sodium.cause its so hard to get which is nearly as dangerous . Take the clonazepam
thank you all for your help I defiantly going to stay away from the phenal. I am going to try Valium now and then go from there.
Stay away from phenobarb, its a very dangerous drug.
The benzos with the longest half life (how long they will stay in your system) are valium and clonazepam. Try those
I was prescribed phenobarbital and it help a lot with the xanax withdrawal
Even the animals when Vet prescribing Phenobarb, Routinely blood test on its level have to perform. Liver and gall bladder enzyme panels should be monitored often. Stay away from it.
Several people from a cult committed mass suicide in the nineties taking phenobarbital, dangerous stuff.
Its extremly hardcore...i have been getting it 3 times in large doses for alcohol wd..and could neither Walk no sit..only sleep.. Had to go Down on doses over probaly a week or so and was given Resolid
After that. Its NOT something to use as vals..if i use Them its only for sleep and max. 30 mg.