Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tianeptine
Anyone here have any experience with Tianeptine?

Its apparently a non-scheduled RC that has antidepressant properties.

More information can be found at this informative website:  http://www.tianeptine.com/

I suspect there are US suppliers but referrals might be helpful.
I get mine from http://www.powdercity.com/ and once from a highly rated ebay seller

It's generally awesome. Be advised the recommended dosage is 12.5mg, but I didn't really notice effects until I got up around 60 and now routinely take between 100-200mgs at a time. But I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice, only personal anecdote, yada, yada, yada

Tianeptine is sure to please. Fast acting and low side effects. Good to have in your back pocket so to speak.

Also try phenibut(though addiction risk is more serious with this substance, and wd's are real but tolerable, a few lame days caused by sleepless nights.) Use moderation as always.

Both go well with stimulants, but a doc is trained to say that is the fast track to addiction.

Enjoy
Thanks, Lunar

I'm intrigued that Tianeptine is a serotonin reuptake ENHANCER yet apparently still has antidepressant qualities.  

Many cannot tolerate the brain fog associated with SSRI's (inhibitors).
Hi Lechter,
I have also used Powder City for Tianeptine, and many other products that they carry.
Tread lightly with dosing to see what works best for you.
I have heard that there is potential for addiction at higher doses.
cheers!
Good advice, zorada... Too much of anything is generally NO good, money and love being notable exceptions!

I've heard from some that Tianeptine was effective for them at 1/3 dose or 12.5mg once a day.
Just an FYI. The last batch of tianeptine I got from powder city was ehh. The order was placed on Nov 4. I didn't think to test it when I got it b/c they always provide quality. So it sat and waited until I finished the last bag. If I would have tried it right away I would have considered returning it.

It might behoove anyone who is contemplating an order from powdercity to email and ask if they are still selling out of the same batch from Nov.4

Basically, it caused a little more brain fog than I prefer, so it might be possible that the tianeptine is the same and I have changed.
Lunar,

Did you take the tianeptine with either 5-HTP or choline?

I've read positive reports of combination with the former.
Thanks for the advice. I have both 5-HTP and choline on hand and will give one a try today.

I've heard choline helps with the brain fog caused by other nootropics, like piracetam.

Lechter, any suggestion on dosage? I know a two to one ratio is recommended when using choline bitartrate with piracetam. But two grams of choline seems like a lot when I'm only taking 100mgs of tianeptine and too much choline can cause brain fog too.
You would probably do well with 500mg of choline bitartrate.

However, 5-HTP will have a far more pronounced effect than the choline.
Do you stack them? Or use them individually?