Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backpage
I know this is not related to out typicl discussions but since it is web related 

Backpage Execs Face Criminal Charges in Federal Indictment

After spending months analyzing the classified ads website Backpage for signs of illegal human trafficking, federal authorities finally arrested its co-founders and conducted raids on all their offices worldwide to collect evidence. 

The website has been seized and a notice is posted in its place saying an investigation is underway.

I found these interesting from a standpoint of the first ammendment. I do not condone any type of illegal human trafficking . I actually am against any type of treating people like a commodity. 
I saw that news too esbayne

I also read that it thru a segment into chaos
They don’t know how to advertise now

BTW isn’t that what happened to another online forum?

Not just asking you but in general

I heard that it did , it seized the website and now has Homeland & ice warnings on it

I thought investigating too

Could turn unfavorable for them , I thought if it did.
(04-17-2018, 03:37 PM)Linville Wrote: I saw that news too esbayne

I heard that it did , it seized the website and now has Homeland & ice warnings on it

I seem to remember that Craig's list shut down some of its adult sections. The domain was not seized though. Backpage must have been warned already. It is a pretty big deal to have the feds come in and shut you down and arrest top management. I am sure the back story has a lot more too it.
(04-17-2018, 08:44 PM)esbayne Wrote:

I seem to remember that Craig's list shut down some of its adult sections. The domain was not seized though. Backpage must have been warned already. It is a pretty big deal to have the feds come in and shut you down and arrest top management. I am sure the back story has a lot more too it.
Yes, Craig's List and Reddit, too.  Here's a recent article about Craig's List 

(04-18-2018, 02:19 AM)Blockhead59 Wrote:

Yes, Craig's List and Reddit, too.  Here's a recent article about Craig's List ]NYT Craig's List

Yes, Craig's List and Reddit, too.  Here's a recent article about Craig's List 

Yes, Craig's List and Reddit, too.  Here's a recent article about Craig's List ]NYT Craig's List
[quote pid='101596' dateline='1524017996']
Tried to post the articcle; sorry page doesn't seem to come up. The article is in the NYT: Craigslist Drops Personal Ads Because of Sex Trafficking Bill by Niraj Choksh 3/23/18

[/quote]