Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Method to get benzos prescribed
(02-13-2017, 07:49 PM)solarpunch Wrote: I've been on ben'z for many years now. Prescribed originally by a team on doctors and psychologists. They respected my rights to refuse anti depressants for treatment. Been really good about making sure I have my one before bed every night for maintenance. Just in the last few months my doctor who is a physicians assistant (they're the worst IMHO) started wanting to taper me down off of them. He said it was due to my pain meds and they could put me in danger and cause respiratory problems. The whole thing was ridiculous. I asked him so you've been willingly putting me in danger for years now? He honestly didn't know how to reply except to say it was a guideline. Where I argued that it was a the discretion of the clinician. Once again he wanted me to take anti depressants. I flat out said no and that he should read my chart before meeting with me so he knows what I went through to be on that therapy. He filled them and left it as is for now but said we would discuss it at my next appointment. I am not too thrilled about going to discuss it with a rookie who doesn't know anything about my medical history. Sad thing is how easy they are to get away from the traditional clinical settings. But I would much rather be taken care of locally that from somewhere else. Lets hope that goes over well for me next week.

I was seeing a internal med doc who was giving me wellbution 150 and e (5) Xanax a day. I asked him if I could go see a physicist He said sure and I went. The new head doc. He told me quit the xanax cold turkey and he moved me up to 300 of the webution. I remember they had commercial that said take care tapering off anxiety . Well this caused me to have a seizure while I was driving, This could have killed or someone else. This is an example of a doctor not using caution. I went back to my internal medicine and got the same regiment I was getting before. I have since starting doing research of my own before I just taking somethng from a new doctor especially when it comes to brain altering medication. And like you said if you question anything they get offended. I feel it is your body and you should have some input about what is going in and be able to reasonable question with a PA without thier feelings getting hurts

Good luck in the future and have a great holiday

Regards Eddie