Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Little known sleep aid
(10-15-2017, 11:10 PM)alsmom360 Wrote: .... and I do have horrible bedtime habits...
ie: I have TV on all night even tho it watches me alot LOL
I also have 3 dogs that have a internal clock and they wake up every day @500am wanting to go out and be fed

Hi alsmom360.
From one terrible sleeper to another.....

Do you have the volume on the TV muted?   Ads are designed to jolt you back to attention.
And there's a big fuss being made about blue light emitted by TVs and computer monitors these days. 
Apparently Blue light is stimulating as far as the brain is concerned - it's Daytime.
Sleep doctors are now even talking about throwing out alarm clocks with blue displays (in favor of dim red).

And, as one dog lover to another.... pooches aren't sleeping up on the bed with you now, are they.....?
We recently looked after a friend's dog - a bed sleeper - and it was perfectly fine for him but completely disastrous for us !
You might be keeping yourself out of deep sleep by constantly checking that your dogs are comfy Sleepy ,
or alternatively being constantly woken up by having to gently nudge them out of the way. Angel

I'm not sure that we'll ever be forgiven for letting the visitor up onto the bed while Madam had to stay down on the floor.
She still uses 'those eyes' on us, asking "Can I? Just this once, come on, pleeeeze?"
Luckily for us, her internal alarm is set at 8am - but we still wish she had a snooze button. Smile

Wishing you Good luck and Deep Sleep.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Thank you Grandote! I've never heard of this but will definitely check it out. Thank you.
(07-25-2016, 12:37 AM)Grandote Wrote: I'm talking about adenosine monophosphate (AMP) not to be confused with adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which has different effects. AMP is used in medicine to relieve nerve pain from shingles, muscle pain, regulate rapid pulse rates, and to induce sleep. It has been used to treat multiple sclerosis and photo sensitivity. It is non prescription and not expensive.

I bought 5 grams on ebay for about $40. Its used by putting it under the tongue, I try for 50mg eyeballing it. Its not toxic so it won't hurt you if you use too much. I've been using it for about 2 weeks but not every night. Its not a knockout drug like benzos or ambien can be but does not have the nasty side effects those drugs have. I get a kind of fuzzy feeling and feel a little sleepy. They say your levels of it are lowest in the morning and rise toward the end of the day and contribute to making you want to sleep. It feels pleasant, not a chemical feeling like you get from some other compounds. Its created normally in the body. I take it about an hour before bed, it has a slightly savory or umami taste and is not bad. It is not absorbed well by swallowing. 

It may have more health benefits than we know about so far. Its considered an inhibitory peptide, slows down the heart, lowers blood pressure and brings a sleepy feeling. I have been using it along with regular sleep aids like medical mj. Paradoxically, it is said to increase energy. This is likely because it gets converted into atp which is an energy molecule.

Here is a link to more info http://www.diethealthclub.com/dietary-su...osine.html

Thank you so much for that i'm always looking for sleep aids thanks alot for the tip i hope i can get it in my country with its draconian drug laws i'm sure i will somehow Smile
Maybe grandote will come back. politics got in the way.

We have another thread or two on insomnia: http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=103
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Well, anothing thing to add in my arsenal . Combining differeng things different days works better than just one drug, that in my case, with time, always stop to work.
Good to come across this post and see some positive results.  Will try for sure.
I have found that shutting down all electronics about an hour before winding down helps immensely. Reading an old fashioned paper book in bed with nothing more than a small led reading lamp usually does the trick for me. My eyes seem to get unbearably heavy within 45 minutes to an hour.
(02-07-2018, 11:52 AM)Bandit Wrote: I have found that shutting down all electronics about an hour before winding down helps immensely. Reading an old fashioned paper book in bed with nothing more than a small led reading lamp usually does the trick for me. My eyes seem to get unbearably heavy within 45 minutes to an hour.

Yup, that's what I do. Shut off those electronics & phone except I read a book or magazine- nothing too heavy. I have a hepa filter running in the bedroom at night
to drown out unwanted noises and clean the air at the same time. Try to control your sleep environment.

Modern technology- can't live without it- have to learn to live with it...…………..Folken
I love gabapentin to keep me asleep