Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressive disorder caused by Lyrica?
Not lyrica, but gabapentin.
800mg x4 daily. Very high dose.
I definitely feel it makes me depressed, or at least doesn't help..
Am on 300mg x 3 everyday,can get by on 2 just about to keep the neck and pains in my arms just about bearable, i suffered from depression before but think since taking gabapentin it has got worse, i might get side effects from them or another med or maybe both that seems to have given me IBS symptoms, feeling nauseous all the time, makes eating difficult these days, not sure if i would be better with lyrica, gp refuses to prescribe it to anyone in the surgery, cant win here.
(07-20-2018, 01:13 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Am on 300mg x 3 everyday,can get by on 2 just about to keep the neck and pains in my arms just about bearable, i suffered from depression before but think since taking gabapentin it has got worse, i might get side effects from them or another med or maybe both that seems to have given me IBS symptoms, feeling nauseous all the time, makes eating difficult these days, not sure if i would be better with lyrica, gp refuses to prescribe it to anyone in the surgery, cant win here.

If your interest in Phenergan is due to the sides of gabapent, I will say it WILL help with the nausea, but can't/won't MAKE you hungry.  If you aren't eating much because of the nausea, it will help.  If you don't have an appetite for multiple reasons where nausea is one factor, you may be disappointed.

This was something I misunderstood before taking promethazine alongside another pk for nausea.  I thought my hunger would come back and instead the nausea disappeared.  I still wouldn't eat because I had no desire to.  It took a journal and alarm 4x/day to remind myself to eat and after a couple of weeks my appetite was back. 

Hunger problems are near and dear to my heart.  With you the best of luck.