Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gabapentin
Gab is definitely over prescribed and doctors don't seem to know that what ever good they've been told it does, massively outweighs the bad. I wouldn't wish this drug on anyone.
This worked miracles for me at first but the side effects became too severe.

Many doctors I have been to, and I have been to many are more than happy to prescribe this in large doses.

I would not go on it again. Years ago when I first was taking it all the side effects now listed were not.

I would pass on this also.
In 2005 I had a neighbor whom had me read all the info on this med. he hated it. And i highlighted the most common and worst of side effects.

so people have had trouble with it for awhile.

A pharmacy in another country said it can no longer ship product to US beginning April 1. Neither: Gabapentin and Pregabalin, since they will be reclassified as Controlled drugs.

Check whatever sites you use and make sure they are still shipping to US or where you are. I guess since it is being scripted ad nauseum, it will be harder to find via online means.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(12-18-2017, 08:11 AM)IceWizard Wrote: Myself, I'd be extremely careful with these substances....

With extreme doses and/or extreme cutoffs, they can have long lasting stroke like effects.... That may never diminish...

Please do a little "extra" homework when considerings these forms of relief....

Ice

I agree, remedy with strong side effects....
Grateful for every good day.
My doctor prescribes a large dose of this for me to take 3 times a day. This is because another doctor damaged a nerve when he put 12 screws and 3 plates in my foot 3 years ago. This medicine is great for nerve pain. When it first happened I could not even stand for the sheet to touch my foot. The Physical Therapist worked with me for a long time. I find the alternative to not taking it unbearable. What I have is called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
Gabapentin was very effective in when I ran out of benzos. It helped my anxiety plus it kept the benzo withdrawls at bay. So if anyone is wary about substitution I would say dont worry. Plus they really help with nerve pain if that's also a problem u have
Ya it has so many different reasons for prescribing, but it is a nerve pain killer that uses your gaba. It makes me wobble and studder. It Seems to increase narcotics also, and ya it's used regular for a non narcotic detox med