Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gym/Working Out
Hi MoJim. I have an elliptical too. Love it.
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
I really should start working out again.  I have a cheap (but decent) gym membership and am prescribed 150mg of test per week for TRT (Through the VA, thank goodness...that stuff is expensive!)

Maybe when it warms up a bit outside ;-)
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

I have a daily regimen of a blender filled with everything from seeds to spinach, berries, yogurt, etc. (you need half your weight in protein a day to avoid becoming catabolic). That along with about 30-45 minutes everyday. No matter what you do just listen to your body. Eat complex carbs before working out and stay far away from any bread that is not in the complex carb list (hey are useless). I have been on a health kick ever since my diagnosis and feel better than I did before. You are what you eat. Exercise too!.. just get your heart rate up, can change your brain chemistry. Good luck and PM me if anyone has questions, I have done a good bit of research and read many books on the topic, I'm glad to help if I can. Have a great day my friends!
"The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease"  -William Osler

"The art of Medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease"  -Voltaire

(02-07-2018, 04:02 PM)OldBoy Wrote: I really should start working out again.  I have a cheap (but decent) gym membership and am prescribed 150mg of test per week for TRT (Through the VA, thank goodness...that stuff is expensive!)

Maybe when it warms up a bit outside ;-)

I would LOVE for it to warm up so I could go for walks, jogs, etc. I don't always feel like doing the whole gym process, I just want to walk out my door and get going. At least Spring is coming soon.
I'd be willing to wager that you could substitute physical activity in a natural setting (hiking, trail running, etc.) with the same if not a better effect (vs. the gym).