Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L-lysine and Post Herpetic Neuralgia
dealing with PHN after back to back bouts of shingles and traditional medicine has failed me. are there any positive experiences out there with combating the PHN pain with a regimen of L-lysine and mega doses of vitamin B's and C for a fix from the inside. i've been doing so for a little over 4 weeks now and it does't seem to be working for me. even switched over to a paleo diet as it's gluten free but still allows me to enjoy eating as i'm a meat and cheese kinda guy. the only things that have occurred is that i've lost some weight and have more energy-which is great but not my goal. for the outside i'm using a 4% lidocaine creme, an essential oils mixture of Coffea Cruda, Hypericum Perforatum, Sesame Oil and Chamomile and an counter irritant cream of Menthol, Oil of Camphor and Eucalyptol Oil. these only give me minutes to an hour of relief so allow me to sleep for a bit. have had a series of Trigemital injections-nothing except to numb half my tongue. any suggestions?at this point i'll try anything within reason to get some relief!
peace/love to all
Sorry to hear about this afflicting you durango.

Wish I could offer some help.
thanks for the thoughts Linville. after the injections failed my PM Dr is turning me over to a local neuralgia treatment center that has a good rep so just biding my time until they call me for my appt. in the meantime hoping my non-pharmaceutical approach does some good!
peace/love to all
Fireplaces thank you so much for the info. going to check it out right now!! thank you!!
peace/love to all