Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzodiazepines and there effect on libido.
If taken as prescribed, I do not have any changes in my libido. Perhaps when I first began taking them a long time ago there was a slight increase probably due to the disinhibitory properties and later slightly decreased as my body further adjusted to the med and I searched for the right dosage.

I think at my age, my libido is determined far more by how much energy I have. After a day full of family and youngsters the bed is often a preferred pastime rather than getting it on. That's not always the case, but as long as you are taking them as needed, I don't believe there should be much of a problem. If there is, maybe a dose reduction would help.
(07-10-2018, 04:13 PM)thepianist Wrote: If taken as prescribed, I do not have any changes in my libido.  Perhaps when I first began taking them a long time ago there was a slight increase probably due to the disinhibitory properties and later slightly decreased as my body further adjusted to the med and I searched for the right dosage.  

I think at my age, my libido is determined far more by how much energy I have.  After a day full of family and youngsters the bed is often a preferred pastime rather than getting it on.  That's not always the case, but as long as you are taking them as needed, I don't believe there should be much of a problem.  If there is, maybe a dose reduction would help.
You present a valid point. Currently my dose is about as reduced as it can get however, maybe its a case of what in particular I have prescribed for my insomnia. It hasn't been changed in awhile, and at the moment im only using it when the lack of sleep gets really really bad, so tolerance doesnt have a chance to build up.

Perhaps something that has less anxiolytic effects and more hypnotic effects would help. Reduced anxiety is commonly associated with the lowered inhibitions that can cause the "benzo sex drive".

Using up all my energy definitely isnt the problem, I work 60-70hours a week in a high pressure environment lol
Code:
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."
(07-10-2018, 06:51 PM)I-carus8045 Wrote: Using up all my energy definitely isnt the problem, I work 60-70hours a week in a high pressure environment lol

I think you may have misread my post.  If you are working in a high pressure environment at 60-70 hours per week, do you think your sex drive is going to be sky high???

The point was the more energy spent doing 'life' things (work, bills, family, exercise, etc.) the less you will think about sex in your spare time (not talking about daytime fantasies) and probably desire it less in your free time if you body is demanding that you get rest (biological priorities and all).

It's a balancing act, and there's no one on this board that can tell you what magic ingredient will help YOU.

Some OTC supplements I've found to help while on benzodiazepens : yohimbine HCl, ZMA, vit D3 and...sleep. 

Edit: Forgot about exercise. Exercise certainly helped me within a matter of days when the machinery wasn't working.

Good luck.