Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzodiazepines and there effect on libido.
(02-17-2018, 09:48 AM)Double Deuces Wrote: I would get blood work ran just to make sure you don’t have any hormonal imbalances. Benzos definitely decrease my libido but I do find exercise to be a good way to counteract that and help me produce testosterone.

Good topic too, haven’t seeen this mentioned much but definitely a common issue!

very true, i workout quite often not just for the ascetic effects but for the hormonal and natural produced  serotonin, endorphines extra. I believe these are key for a holistic approach to medicine ( mind, body and spirit)
WoW!! All such great responses! Yes I’m still young enough to produce testosterone on my own but just thought I would make a thread on the matter.  I get carried away with work and school I don’t know always have much time for the gym. But my work is physical so I guess it can be like I’m at the gym. Anyways will definitely look into the different responses. Cheers to all !
(02-15-2018, 05:45 AM)Xfizzler Wrote: Wondering if there is something that can balance or reverse the effects of a lowered libido based on the use of Benzodiazepines . wanting a simple  scientific point of view on this subject. Please nothing graphic just clean direct answers. Thanks in advance.

X, I think a lot depends of which benzo, the dose, and what the user is being treated for. The most common benzo's are very minor CNS depressants. In fact, so much so that the lethal dose of ALP is 7500MG's. Yes, 7500MG's. In practice, I have seen both short and long acting benzo's have a positive effect on libido and performance, particularly in those who were being treated for very high levels of anxiety. They were able to get out from under the anxiety and again discover their appetites returning (the need for sexual satisfaction among those appetites).  Cheers, RM
Lethal Dose 7500mg??! I find that hard to believe. How could anyone handle that much alp? Do you have any sources for this? Just curious, not to try it (please don't)! But to read it. I know it's much more lethal when mixed with alcohol. Well, I did find this which is off topic but interesting to know about alp.

"Similarly, the combination of Xanax and opiates has proven to be an increasing risk to health and life. One research study in the American Journal on Addictions demonstrated that 97.5 percent of alprazolam-related deaths involved another drug being taken at the same time, and that the second drug involved was predominantly an opiate of some kind – often, both the opiate and the Xanax were prescribed by a doctor."

Be safe mixing anything.. read read read.

XFizzler, if you can try a little THC (if available, there are so many forms now). The lotions and oils can do wonders without giving you any psychoactive effects. It's pretty interesting. "Vice" did a documentary on this called "cannasexuals" the instructor explains how it works (youtube)
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
(02-19-2018, 05:41 PM)horsies Wrote: Lethal Dose 7500mg??!  I find that hard to believe. How could anyone handle that much alp?  Do you have any sources for this?  Just curious, not to try it (please don't)! But to read it.  I know it's much more lethal when mixed with alcohol.  Well, I did find this which is off topic but interesting to know about alp.

"Similarly, the combination of Xanax and opiates has proven to be an increasing risk to health and life. One research study in the American Journal on Addictions demonstrated that 97.5 percent of alprazolam-related deaths involved another drug being taken at the same time, and that the second drug involved was predominantly an opiate of some kind – often, both the opiate and the Xanax were prescribed by a doctor."

XFizzler, if you can try a little THC (if available, there are so many forms now).  The lotions and oils can do wonders without giving you any psychoactive effects.  It's pretty interesting. "Vice" did a documentary on this called "cannasexuals" the instructor explains how it works (youtube)
Hey Horsies,
Since the thread is about the possibility of lowered libido from benzo's, I listed the LD of ALP to show how unlikely it would be for a 1 or 2 MG dose to cause a lack of libido or diminished performance. I was trying to show that the drug, when taken alone, is relatively benign. At a reasonable dose, it will not kill the libido or the ability to perform. I form that opinion from having counseled some 4000+ clients over a 30 year career. Most taking ALP reported a more enjoyable sex life. The LD for ALP is so high, that it actually was only set at 7500MG as a symbolic gesture. It's the FDA's way of saying that the LD would be too high to put a number on. They were unable to establish a LD using animal subjects. BTW, they had no problem establishing a LD for acetaminophen (and other meds that people usually consider less dangerous than benzo's). Its 15 grams (30 tabs) in 8 hours for the average adult. Back to ALP... human OD's are  rare when ALP is taken alone. (I read your paragraph about the dangers of using ALP and opiates concurrently. I quote that same snippet in two of my previous threads on benzo use. Always good to warn and keep warning on that topic). The thread is getting off track if mixing is what is now being discussed. The original question was if anyone knew of anything to reverse the libido killing effects of benzo's.   RM
Yeah also check to make sure everything checks out pertaining to your hormones, I personally never experienced this.
I love benzos for libido. Anxiety will kill a man in that department. When I calm down mentally, physically I am able to do many things I otherwise have a hard time doing. A little bit of benzo (read little bit) helps me more than any stimulant ever has.
(02-21-2018, 12:26 AM)thegreaseman Wrote: Yeah also check to make sure everything checks out pertaining to your hormones, I personally never experienced this.

Thanks Greaseman!!  Will do. I think I will check that out. I felt that way about my libido but only in the last month was it more noticeable...could have been a combination of various things. So googled possibilities and thought I would ask the view points of our members. Too much info is not a bad thing. At least I can narrow it down abit. 

Thanks again for the thought.
(03-03-2018, 02:38 AM)cassius Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 05:41 PM)horsies Wrote: Lethal Dose 7500mg??!  I find that hard to believe. How could anyone handle that much alp?  Do you have any sources for this?  Just curious, not to try it (please don't)! But to read it.  I know it's much more lethal when mixed with alcohol.  Well, I did find this which is off topic but interesting to know about alp.

XFizzler, if you can try a little THC (if available, there are so many forms now).  The lotions and oils can do wonders without giving you any psychoactive effects.  It's pretty interesting. "Vice" did a documentary on this called "cannasexuals" the instructor explains how it works (youtube)

Benzos are safe in so far as their LD50 is extremely high.  In other words, by themselves they are not lethal.  The reason they are considered "safe" by themselves is their biochemical mechanism, they can not activate the GABA receptor on their own.  They only make the receptor more active to your own neurotransmitters.  Its like releasing the brake on a car, it will go faster IF you push on the gas. 

Barbiturates, the old meds for anxiety/sleep/ext. can activate the GABA receptor by themselves, so they are more dangerous.  They are more like putting extra gas in the engine.   

But all bets are off when mixed with other stuff (opiates, alcohol, any central nervous system depressant).
Interesting... really appreciated this comment.
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
So, most regular benz have a paradoxical effect on me, basically anything that ends in "zepam" causes almost instant blackouts, agitation, long periods of restlessness etc etc.

However their triaz cousins, basically anything ending in "zolam" have a greater effect on me in terms have anxiolytic, muscle relaxation and all the intrisic effects we have come to love. However also paradoxically in its own way, while under the influence I find that my libido is GREATLY enhanced. And oddly enough this side effect only seemed to have surfaced when the "sepams" started effecting me negatively.
Code:
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."