IOPList.Org

Full Version: Avoid windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
They push it on us constantly, its free because it isn't worth anything. It is full of spyware and phones back home to ms everything you are doing. You don't need it. Also, they send updates to win 7 and 8 making them do similar things. 

Go to control panel, programs, windows updates and look for these updates

If you see any of those or all of them, delete them. It takes a couple minutes each and after you are done, restart the computer. These "updates" allow microsoft to spy on you much like win 10 does. Any anything ms collects, the govt will have its nose into, we all know that. If you don't want to be low hanging fruit for le to pick when they have nothing better to do, delete these update. Also its recommended to use a proxy, or a vpn, or tor, and pgp. Then you become the impossibly tough one to catch and they settle for those who dont take any precautions.

I wasnt sure where to put this since we don't have a security type forum.
I use it. You can avoid all the data gathering if you know the 16 screens that allow you deny them access to anything private (YES 16 screens) and have appropriate blocking software in place. It's really just and amend for the W8 fiasco and a marketing ploy.

In any case, information is power (when stopping this sort of invasion of privacy).

Thanks for the warning @Grandote. CL
Thanks, Athena

CL, you obviously know a lot about the subject, we need people with knowledge like that. Do you frequently check for updates to see if they are sneaking something in?
Absolutely. On daily basis. Smile
BTW, I just took another look and found the sneaky #@!## reinstalled one of the spyware updates #3022345 which I have removed a few times already. BTW, the numbers start with kb so like KB3022345

I recommend checking frequently, at least every time you get any updates or after shutting down and restarting your computer.
(11-07-2015, 08:57 PM)Grandote Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, I just took another look and found the sneaky #@!## reinstalled one of the spyware updates #3022345 which I have removed a few times already. BTW, the numbers start with kb so like KB3022345

I recommend checking frequently, at least every time you get any updates or after shutting down and restarting your computer.

Excellent advice Grandote. I removed a couple last night. Did an update this AM and noticed it put them back in. Said bye bye to them again. So, it's good to keep checking because they do try to sneak them back in if you delete them.

Thanks for this important info.
Microsoft is indeed an evil corporation. Win 10 is so compromised with spyware it is beyond being salvagable. They are working night and day to compromise win 7 and 8. Here is another one I found out about that should be removed regularly

KB2952664

These 3 below come back with each update. In fact they will restart your computer at night even if you leave it running just so they can reinstall those three. Each morning if I see the computer has been tampered with by ms, I look for and find those three. They are usually together near the top which is nice, makes it easier to find them. I uninstall them and immediately restart. Then I'm good till the next update, knock on wood.

Here is another bit of spyware they foist on you. This one is relatively easy to disable and is not an update so it may not be automatically put in on you. It reports back to ms about your habits, hardware, etc etc. To disable, and this is from the ms official page

To un-join the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) in Windows 7 follow these steps.

a. Open the Start Menu, then copy and paste Change Customer Experience Improvement Program in the search box and press Enter.

b. To Un-join the Customer Experience Improvement Program select (dot) No, I don't want to participate in the program.

c. Click on the Save Changes button.

d. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes (if administrator) or type in the administrator's password (if standard user).
I have another suggestion....Don't use Windows/Microsoft/Apple-Mac/Android anything for sensitive browsing or communications. Use an OS you have 100% control over like a Linux distribution. (I use Linux Mint and for most things it as easy to use as Windows.)

If you use Chrome as a browser, don't use a Google account. Ever. They record everything you do.

There is a reason there is a continual flow of employees moving between Microsoft/Apple/Google/AOL, etc. and the FBI, NSA, and other government agencies. I call it cahoots Wink
Chrome without the login is a good idea. If you like the software and want to be more secure then try the Chromium open source version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4