IOPList.Org

Full Version: Almost a disaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im currently on holiday abroad and disaster struck! 
I lost all the blister of diazepam I took with me but luckily I took and old prescription.
Cut a long story short they prescribed me a box of diazepam.
Wow! That could have been real bad...

Lucky you had the old bottle with you or else disaster it may well have been...

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly...

Ice
morning. so glad ur trip is still ongoing, IS. enjoy.
Thanks everyone! Luckily it's a LOT easier to get a prescription for diazepam here than it is in UK / US.
(12-27-2015, 02:03 PM)Insomnia_Sucks Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily it's a LOT easier to get a prescription for diazepam here than it is in UK / US.

On that ^note^ 

It's crazy to think that you would get put into jail in some countries for asking/ owning meds like diazepam (even in very small/ personal amounts) 
But other countries you can get them OTC no problem.

I wonder what it all boils down to (as in- where do the 'rules' / 'law' come from)
I could have a very good guess!
i know this is late, and stupid, but r u home yet?

look at how brave u r. u figured all this out.

and, u r safe.

just, awesome.
Glad it all worked out! I tend to travel with extras and keep them on my person, as close as possible.
Thanks Charon!
No I'm not home yet, still here for a few more days.
-it's all good though because it's nice, tranquil, friendly and warm here (compared to the cold, cold hearted, rushed UK)

I always take an old prescription with me when I go abroad - believe it or not it was one of those prescriptions from the new (old) air mail group.

But with the empty (genuine UK) pharmacy box, prescription extract and the obvious chance of a seizure upon 'cold turkey' along with my ID they prescribed me a 1 month box.

Very nice nurse/ Dr and pharmacist.
Very nice people in general here.
Very different to the UK, they would have probably said "f*** off"

Ironically (in a good way) I'm here on a research holiday with my fiancé as we want to move somewhere warm and, well, 5/5 for their health service for sure!!! And I'm not saying the NHS (UK H.S) is bad.
Hey IS... I feel ya on the "moving some place warm"... At least El Nino has kept winter away from Ohio... Maybe one day(hopefully soon) I can go south... At least I've got friends and family there...

And of coarse I can take y'all wherever I go!! Now that's tech I can live with!!

Hope the rest of your "research" trip goes smooth ... And be safe on the way home...

L8r
Ice
Thanks Ice! Your words are always positive. BTW I just realised this current post is number 50!
YAY I'm officially part of the family :-)
Pages: 1 2