IOPList.Org

Full Version: How does this happen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was "tracking" this magizine subscription and it went through customs:::
January 29, 2016 , 7:12 am...

Now that's all good, except I checked it last night @ 8:30pm est Jan 29 and it said:::
"Inbound out of customs"... Still no problem, but the time stamp was:::
January 30, 2016 , 2:57 am....

My puzzled self wants to know how they scanned it some 6 1/2 hrs before it left?

To the "un-trained" eye and dense head matter I posess, I can't wrap the ole bone around that....

Strange huh?

Ice
you think they are trying to "gaslight" us?

i got mail from social security yesterday. it was from december 2014. I also remembered the first time i got that same letter.

Hide us, Cricket. The zombie apocolypse is about to start. (oh, i am kidding.)

(Just hide a few of us.)
It is par for the course for USPS (assuming that was the carrier). Their tracking system isn't exactly perfect, so there is room for error.
(01-30-2016, 05:52 PM)Charon Wrote: [ -> ]you think they are trying to "gaslight" us?

i got mail from social security yesterday.  it was from december 2014.  I also remembered the first time i got that same letter.

Hide us, Cricket.  The zombie apocolypse is about to start.  (oh, i am kidding.)

(Just hide a few of us.)

LOL. Hey, I'm just a bug, NOT the savior. But for my family, I'll hide as many of you under my wings as I can.
Hum... I sure hope Zombies don't like to eat crickets. Rolleyes
that sure is a puzzle

scanners time not right
I have seen similar things happen with tracking for various non-IOP items I have ordered in the past. Just regular, run of the mills stuff like a book or whatever. Sometimes shows that it has been delivered, then 4 hours later the tracking shows it is "out for delivery".

Then, every once in a while, you hear the story of a postal employee who has been stashing his mail deliveries in his basement (out of pure laziness), then marking them as delivered. Basically the employee never delivers anything, but just does whatever it is he wants to do, then claims that he delivered everything and he collects his paycheck.

Bottom line, I wouldn't pay it any mind. You will probably get it soon, regardless of what the tracking says.
Yea... Cause I have another in ISC ... Been there like 4 days... Hrmph... Hope they didn'lt track that one and it shows up as well.... That "funny" time one will be here tomorrow...

I guess... With the USPS... It's always a crap shoot....

Ice
Now ice you did your math wrong. Jan 29 at 7:12am - Jan 30 at 2:57am is a difference of 19 hours and 45 minutes. My last two packs that came in after MLk sat for a week but my 4 previous sat for less than a day like yours. It's all relative.

(01-31-2016, 07:18 PM)IceWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Yea... Cause I have another in ISC ... Been there like 4 days... Hrmph... Hope they didn'lt track that one and it shows up as well.... That "funny" time one will be here tomorrow...

Ice

My last two didn't track after leaving customs. Hell they still haven't said delivered.

Honestly though the tracking in and out of customs is dated accurately. Although the remaining scans may not be

(01-31-2016, 07:18 PM)IceWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Yea... Cause I have another in ISC ... Been there like 4 days... Hrmph... Hope they didn'lt track that one and it shows up as well.... That "funny" time one will be here tomorrow...

Ice

My last two didn't track after leaving customs. Hell they still haven't said delivered.
You my dear are correct BUT... It did go into customs at 7:12am and it did say it left at 2:57 the next morning.... The problem was they told me at 8:30pm on the 29 that it left customs at 2:37am on the 30th....

And that puts it appox 6hs before it actually was saying....

But it's all good now... Even though they didn't have a clue where it actually was, it made it here despite the system...

On that note... While waiting for a delivery last month, I got a pkg... Took it in the house... Only then dicovering that it wasn't mine... Well who's was it you might ask.... You'll never believe this... I looke to see who it belonged to and to my surprise it said:::

John Law

Really!? Of all people I got his mail!? Well I got that straightened out asap! Didn't want MY pkgs endin up at his house...lol

Ice
Ahh I completely missed that Ice! Well in that case I'd just say they time stamped it incorrectly. It was probably just processed earlier on the 29th and somehow there was a glitch. Definitely the first I've heard of future scans which are obviously impossible.
Pages: 1 2 3