IOPList.Org

Full Version: Recipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone,
The purpose of this thread is to post yummy recipes you have or have found.  We started this thread and then combined it into the holiday thread. It proofed to be successful.  So therefore I Am starting this new thread so it can stand alone all year long.  

Feel free to post anything related to food or drink. If by chance you already posted one in the old thread, feel free to re post it here so we can get this thread started again. Some of you posted really great easy recipes that even this non cook tried.  

Pictures and liquid recipes are also welcome.

OR

So here is one I use all the time. Cam make these a head of time and eat them on the run.

Perfect bite sized Egg White breakfast cups

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups spinach (14 calories)
1 roma tomato (11 calories)
2 cups egg whites (250 calories)
Salt to taste (0 calories)
½ teaspoon pepper (0 calories)
PREPARATION:
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. Lightly grease a muffin tin, then divide equally the spinach, tomatoes, and egg whites across 6 cups. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the whites have set.
4. Serve hot.
5. Enjoy!

Click on the link below to see the picture of this yummy yummy bite sized breakfast.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static...08&no-auto
Oh if it has tomatoes in it I like it.

[Image: sub-buzz-12958-1474407832-1.jpg?resize=625:2508&no-auto]
Linville you are the best. thank you for posting my picture. Now doesn't that look yummy??
You have got to show me how to do this picute post stuff.

And by the way love your avatar.
OR
Get ready. Rain storm all weekend. So I will be trying out the new slow cooker. I will be posting some recipes once I make some easy, healthy stuff. Let's pray it turns out and I don't have to dump it. LOL
OR
No pictures to post. My first attempt with the new slow cooker went bust. How in The world can someone (me) mess up making vegetarian vegetable soup? I did and it was horrible. In a slow cooker no less.

So today I made a pork loin with sliced apples. It was good.

So those of you that are good cooks. I am reaching out to you. Need some help. And tips on cooking with a slow cooker? And any simple recipes I can try?

OR
Great link Audrey. Thanks!
OR
I want this from Audrey's link.

Wow it looks good.

~~~~~~~
[Image: Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Parmesan-Pasta.jpg]

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA
[img=180x0]http://damndelicious.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Parmesan-PastaIMG_0459edit-340x340.jpg[/img][b]YIELD: 8 SERVINGS

PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES

COOK TIME: 4 HOURS 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS 45 MINUTES[/b]

Save time/effort and make everyone’s FAVORITE Italian dish in your crockpot. You can also freeze half for another meal!
INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
  • 1 pound penne
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
[size=undefined]
DIRECTIONS:[/size]

1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
  2. In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir into the slow cooker and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
  3. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
  4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
  5. Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker; top with cheeses. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted.
  6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.

This delicious recipe brought to you by DAMN DELICIOUS 
http://damndelicious.net/2016/08/05/slow-cooker-chicken-parmesan-pasta/
Linville is that a hint? LOL
Guess I will have to try it soon. I don't think I can make some that complicated......yet. Boy it does look scrumptious.
OR
[attachment=2352]Hi everyone.  So if you want a super easy meal for dinner on meatless Monday or any day, see what I made for dinner yesterday.  Yep made it in the slow ccoker.  I had healthy split pea soup, French bread and a glass of white wine.  Yes I know the last picture defeats the eating healthy but it was apples. I will post the recipe below the pictures. Just an FYI, I am really not a spilt pea soup person but this soup was really good.
OR

Well the pictures didn't paste in the order I wanted.

So below is the recipe

Split Pea Soup
16 oz split peas (bought them in a bag at the grocery store)
4 medium carrots peeled and diced
2 stalks celery chopped
1 to 1 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
2 garlic cloves smashed
1bay leaf
1tablespoon salt--I cut the salt in half
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 cups hot water, can use vegetable stock instead of water, I used water

Place the ingredients in the slow cooker in the order listed above.
Do not stir
Cook on high 4-5 hrs or slow 8-9 hours.

That is it. So easy. It made enough so I had enough to freeze 3 small containers plus I had 2 servings for dinner of which I ate one and have one for dinner today.

You can also make a simple salad to add to this meal to have more food if you have folks over for dinner or have hearty appetites in your family.

OR
Hello all food lovers......

This past weekend I made potato leek soup in the slow cooker. Another super easy one to make and delicious. I am continuously amazed that I can do this.

So here is the recipe....enjoy!

3 medium russet potatoes peeled and diced
3 leeks cleaned and diced --approx. 5 cups diced.
1/2 cup sweet onion diced
3 gloves garlic minced
4 cups vegetable STOCK, 1 cup water. ( I use stock instead of broth because it is less salty
4 sprigs of thyme. If you can find lemon thyme use that
7 oz plain low fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Chives for garnish

Add all above to slow cooker in the order listed except the yogurt and lemon. Cook high 3-4 hrs or slow 7-8 hrs

Whe done remove thyme sprigs. Stir in yogurt and lemon. Might need to store a bit more to make it smooth for r put into an immersion blender. I just stirred it.

Garnish with chives.

Important to keep yogurt close to room temperature before putting into soup to prevent it from curdling.

Once again I had some fresh, French bread, a small green salad and a glass of wine.
Mmmmmmm good.

Pictures of my meal below

My meal potato leek soup.
Pages: 1 2 3 4