IOPList.Org

Full Version: Advice on late order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I sucked it up and ordered from a SY guy this week--but I sent an email first stressing that I was leaving town on Saturday and needed it to be delivered earlier in the week.  I paid extra for overnight shipping and the vendor said he would overnight it on Thursday.  As of today he still has not sent the order.  My fear is that now I will miss the package.  I live in an apartment building and fedex leaves packages in the lobby.  I will be out of town for a while.  I'm very stressed out about this.  I'm not sure if I should ask a neighbor to hold it for me, or what.  I mean--it's dicey since it's a med order and I wouldn't want to involve a neighbor.  I'm pretty upset after paying extra, explaining my situation before the order, and STILL it hasn't been shipped.  He said it would be no problem when I ordered.  Any advice?  

ughghghg Sad
Unfortunately I don't have anyone I trust here to pick it up. This is a SY guy who has been emailing me every day--so he's responsive--just didn't mail it out when promised. I wouldn't have ordered it this week if I had known he wasn't going to mail it when he said he would. I think he might be in a protected area on this site. I've always found him reliable before.
Many times, the people in other countries do not understand how much worry they cause by not speaking to US clients.

But the SYs had a tough time. Maybe he ships a couple days a week only.

Maybe write up a quick list of potential neighbors for ur package. U can say u r ordering a special herbal med for ur throat. or say nothing about med.

but dont get all stressed out. i can get the same way so i must stop drop and roll. I stop worrying and try working on potential solutions.

a neighbor is one. can we think of any others? i guess u dont have time for a PO box now. I believe they can hold a package of books to read.

If u just leave it at post office, it will be returned. I am sure there is a form to fill out to have a package held till u return. I mite check their web site and see. But u may garner too much attention.

Best u can do is think up things that may work. Take deep breaths. U can work this out. You can accomplish anything u put ur mind to.

Good luck.
Wise Charon, thank you. I do worry too much. I think a neighbor is probably the way to go. I'm sure they won't open it...I mean, I wouldn't open a neighbor's package! It's just so frustrating because the vendor assured me he could mail on time, which is the only reason I ordered this week.
we all get it. even two, three yrs back, we all could afford an /sY once in awhile.

we would just want a response. but it would appear that other cultures seem to be okay with going radio silent. no response.

i have read that complaint the most about SYs. they don't seem concerned that US clients want email interaction.

it will be ok. *they could have a mass mailing and tell u all to wait a week or something. or not promise it if he wont have it to send.*

and, other countries take holidays very seriously. be prepared for that also. have a glorious nite. i am outta here soon.

It will be ok.
Good suggestion, Fishingbro. I stop my mail even when I am going out of town for two days. If you do it online (USPS) you have the option of picking it up or having them deliver it when you get back.

We have had tons of "porch pirates" and thefts from mailboxes over the last few years. I have a P.O. Box, but my husband sometimes forgets to use it.
Rent a mail box if you can. Its the safest route.
Since it isn't in the mail yet, perhaps you can ask the vendor to delay shipping it till you return from your trip? Just tossing that out there since you said that the person has been fairly responsive to your emails. It would be nice to have this resolved before you leave on your trip, but if it isn't try to set it aside so that you can enjoy your trip (easier said than done). It will be OKSmile
Thanks for all the great suggestions. Everything has worked out now. Smile
I am so happy for u. Maybe u work on training urself to not panic unless all solutions have been thoroughly investigated.

Problem is, we all get so nervous.

So glad.
Pages: 1 2 3