IOPList.Org

Full Version: glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
we beefed up security. some of u did contact me and did a new password.

but, one must put in a date of birth for one's profile to save as of now.

when i am adjusting your account to a higher post count area, for example, i am making up birthdates for ya. and, me.

so, if ur acct is not saving, put in a reasonable date of birth.

and, if your acct is showing one now, we don't have that much info on u guys. they are but fictitious.
I never discuss my age Smile
Ok... I just had a birthday this year and turned 21 ...

I forgot what year, gotta figure that out ...

Ice
Heart morning. no one will ask and no one will tell. Heart
A COUPLE A DAY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ACCESS TO FORUM. You may need to change to a realistic birthdate. And, it now requires a more sophisticated password. Caps, smalls, numbers and symbols. Possibly it checks for a real email.

It was a surprise that must have come on with last update.

Consider it an addendum to Rules. Fix your profiles, if you can. You can fill in a birthdate. Fix your email. Some accts get knocked down to newbie status. So, it can be a multitude of things.

It takes time but one may need to use contact me button to accomplish this feat.

But, profiles now require a birthdate, a more sophisticated password, and whatever else the system will suddenly be hungry for.

Steel: SOME PEOPLE HAVE JUST RECENTLY BEEN LOCKED OUT. i see we now need a date of birth, and a more sophisticated password to get in. Possibly it is checking email as valid.

Just letting you know. And, it is the members whom post most often that have run across this problem.

Use Contact Me button on bottom left of home page. But, I cannot be on constantly so please be understanding when u write. Yes, its infuriating. Apparently rules were changed. About birthdate now being used. A current email. Sophisticated forum password.

I can help but I do sign off at nite and back on. Not too early anymore. Please, be patient.
So I updated my account with a sophisticated password. Not really sophisticated but it has all the requirements. I didn’t see the birthdate requirement but for now I am good and able to log on.

Hooray
OR
Forum won't display the image I created below. Was a SS of the 'user cp'

171Kb in size.

Hopefully this can be addressed in the future.

[attachment=7636]

Email is under an 'Required' field and DOB 'Optional' Both on the same form.

Considering all the issues people are having I'll assume both mandatory, including a password reset of required characters.

Wouldn't be fun to lose posts.

MH
(09-27-2019, 07:57 PM)Charon Wrote: [ -> ]we beefed up security. some of u did contact me and did a new password.

but, one must put in a date of birth for one's profile to save as of now.

when i am adjusting your account to a higher post count area, for example, i am making up birthdates for ya.  and, me.

so, if ur acct is not saving, put in a reasonable date of birth.

and, if your acct is showing one now, we don't have that much info on u guys.  they are but fictitious.

Dear Charon,

Is this a security breach? Should we be concerned, or is this on our own dire> Heart
Not a security breach. We updated and now u all need to put birthdates to prove u r of age.

So, for many of u, to save u the grief, i made up birthdays. So i never say Happy Birthday to someone cuz i may have made up that birthdate so the forum updated their profile.

boy was fishfarmer furious with me. I was doing a couple hundred accounts. So i gave Fishboy my fathers date of birth.1910.

it worked. But he freaked out on me yet again. he said i am not trying to screw women around here. how dare u make me that old.

and he demanded i change it. I hope i gave him me mothers birthdate of 1922. It was just cuz the forum demanded birthdates.

Dont give up real birthdates. That is a piece of info that people whom hack you or impersonate you will use again you.

1910 was a glorious yr for me father. 1922 was a glorious year for me mother. Fish farmer could have changed it himself.

But no, he had to yell and jump up and down. Yeah, screw that. I was doing people favors making up birthdays cuz elsewise their accts could have been suspended.

Silly Fishboy. 1910 was a good year. Had u been born then, u may have turned out to be ethical and God fearing. But nope. U wanna pick up ??? dunno.
And, if you make a FB account or email type thingey, give a fake date of birth. Seriously.

One witch told me ha! i know u r 54. Oh, do u now lassie? ah, no.

But i was so pleased to see that witch got stupid erroneous info on me.

We gotta be smarter than the ne'er do wells. Cuz she posted it up at ETs ioplist.com. and elsewhere.

I am fine with being 54 again.
Ok, Mr. Hind, my friend. i just saw this problem u have. I don't understand it yet.

But if it has not been attended to, I shall gladly do so or die trying right now.

Let me know.
Pages: 1 2