IOPList.Org

Full Version: Preferred Benzo for Dependence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone use a benzo to moderate their sanity while struggling with a dependence, or medical condition?  Do you use it for a comfort type remedy?  If so which is your preferred benzo?
Not sure what your question is getting at. Any Benzo can induce its own dependence but Valium/diazepam is often used to get people with alcohol dependence clean, then the diazepam is tapered off.
I am currently weaning down with diazepam. It seems to be the best buy far for me
I agree I think Diazepam is a good choice due to its versatility. It can help you adjust in so many ways others cannot. Anxiety, muscle spasms, chramps, nausea etc
Clonz help with spasms and general anxiety. Plus they last a whole lot longer than alps. My biggest issue right now is legit medication that is doses properly.
Im prescribed the lowest dose of clonazepam, if I had a choice I would stick with valium. In my mind its just a little more versatile, long lasting and easier to come off of.
Chris5555...you’re correct on all points. Plus imagine tapering...clon is way more potent per milligram so cutting pills in halves, quarters, eighths becomes almost impossible with clon.
Good evening all! Smile i was prescribed xanax for muscle spasm's/muscle contractions.
i can only tell you my experience some people handle it differently.

took 1mg in the AM by the after noon 4-5ish i feel more anxiety than ever before, therefore i'd have to redose.

i'd end up overworking my self, end up taking it to sleep as well thinking that might help nope just tripled my intake.

tolerance is a sona b*tch with this benzo. i got off it all together by medicating heavily and heavy rest with.....(MEDICAL CANNABIS).

anyhow that is my 2cent on that take on benzo's. Have a great week everyone!

-Affordu
(12-16-2019, 01:26 PM)Levi517 Wrote: [ -> ]Chris5555...you’re correct on all points. Plus imagine tapering...clon is way more potent per milligram so cutting pills in halves, quarters, eighths becomes almost impossible with clon.

Thank you Levi517, for recognizing what I was aiming for.  Always want to help others live better lives, based off what I have learned from mine.  I just try to help people by suggesting what has worked best for me, and what I have learned through the years of reading and getting a better understanding of these complex conditions and our complex bodies.  Love the idea of bringing new safer options to the forum that will benefit the people who have helped me.

Thanks again

(12-11-2019, 09:52 AM)Cbas89 Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently weaning down with diazepam.  It seems to be the best buy far for me
Thank you for sharing that, hopefully it will help someone in their decision making, especially while struggling with dependence of any type.    I totally agree with your choice.
(12-16-2019, 08:49 AM)Chris5555 Wrote: [ -> ]Im prescribed the lowest dose of clonazepam, if I had a choice I would stick with valium.  In my mind its just a little more versatile, long lasting and easier to come off of.

Can't speak for clon, but I know of far more people who've ended up with really high dependence on xanax than diazepam. My strong suspicion is because alrazolam is short acting people feel it wear off and re-dose. Every time they dose is an opportunity to "increase dose just this once..." and it escalates from there. I guess there is also a cultural thing around xanax in the music industry and the Reddit style "bartard" stories (although I really don't think people on this forum are in that category!!!).
Pages: 1 2 3