IOPList.Org

Full Version: COVID - helping others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all in this great community!  I just wanted to say that I have had a 2 times hospitalization and 3 month battle with this disease and FINALLY seem to be on the mend.

My point is not sympathy, but empathy for others or their loved ones at during these dark times.  I was/am working from home and the only time I've left the house in the last year is for prescriptions in the drive through.  My son actually gave it to me as he got it from work as his boss didn't follow corporate protocol and the entire franchise was down for a week or so.  He had it very mild, I'm still shedding disease cells 3 moths later.

My point is, I haven't seen any friends in person in a year.  This is leading to depression and other symptoms of not having a normal life, not counting the virus.  I quarantine my son and have been stuck inside for a very long time.  Long story short, I'm talking to friends and family, including the children who sometimes seem to be most affected.  I know my son is, and he hates that I mandate him staying home, but I love him too much.

So for ANYONE that is feeling the byproduct effects like depression or anything else, PM your friends here on the board, talk regularly to your friends and family, know there IS help out there, and even PM me or another person on this board for cathartic relief.  I lost two friends to suicide this past year and others who were on the verge due to money problems, etc., and I will be happy to be anyone's "dumptruck" to unload and just get that much-needed scream off their chest.  Who knows, choose a random member whom you've never PMed with and you might be surprised how close you could become.  And don't forget about community support.

My PM box is always open to ANYONE who just wants to vent, talk, whatever to make sure we are safe from not only the virus, but it's "other" effects.  We are here for you and please be there for others if possible.  Peace and happiness to everyone! Heart
You are a wonderful man, Masterthief. God bless you. I am so sorry you went through this battle. I have been doing a covid forum, private, since last March when it hit my area of NY first.

I have missed you and I praise God that you have come through this. Father God in Jesus Precious name keep healing our Masterthief and his family and all others he knows whom were exposed.

No long haulers syndrome for him. Now is the time for a miracle I pray in Jesus Precious name.

God bless my friend. All my love.
Heart  Thank you Charon!
Hello friend, new member here, but long time reader, sorry to hear about your issues from the covid related aftermath I have known a few to get it and it is not to be taken lightly
Don't know you yet but I know your family on here, just wanted to say I'm glad your on the mend my fellow friend, one day at a time and talking to awesome people on here is a great way to get better faster, best wishes for full recovery mental and physical, depression is more common than we think, I have been there myself, thanks for the uplifting post, take care masterthief03
Thank you so much HotRod!
Your welcome masterthief03 thanks for sharing..
Masterthief03,
I had it also and you are correct. It is horrible and nothing to take for granted.
I am still suffering side effects, depression a main one and not being able to see family and friends. And I live in a state where it is still ramped. How I long to be able to go out to a nice dinner and glass of good wine.

Plus they aren’t sure if it is a result of covid but my sinus cavity is in rage. I have to see a ENT because the CT scene showed tons of inflammation, etc. will it ever end?

OR
So sorry to hear orange rabbit, I know a few that got really messed up with it as well, they are slowly improving and you will too just hang in there friend prayers
Endoscopy on Friday of my nasal cavity.. something up there is causing a blockage of a bunch of things. At least that is my interpretation of the CT scan results I am being light about it, but I am kinda worried. They told me it wasn’t a cyst, it was a mass. Yep my mind is racing. So what kind of mass? I ask. Well we won’t know until we see it.

Well hopefully one way or another I will be able to breath after Friday. I think.

My 2021 is not getting to be the year I hoped for so far. I know we still have 10 months to go.

Stay warm everyone in the snow belt and Texas too.

OR

Hot rod, thanks for the prayers. It helps.
OR
Your very welcome orange rabbit, just stay positive you will be okay keep the faith you have lots of caring friends here with you
Pages: 1 2 3