IOPList.Org

Full Version: Beware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Angry
The D*E*A is warning the public about criminals posing as D*E*A special agents or other LE personnel as part of an international extortion scheme.
The criminals call the victims and identify themselves as D*E*A agents or LE officials from other agencies. The impersonators inform their victims that purchasing drugs over the internet or by telephone is illegal, and that enforcement action will be taken against them unless they pay a fine. In most cases, the impersonators instruct their victims to pay the "fine" via wire transfer to a designated location, usually overseas. If victims refuse to send money, the impersonators often threaten to arrest them or search their property.
The public should be aware that no D*E*A agent will ever contact members of the public by telephone to demand money or any other form of payment.
Thank you, Orange Clay. I have seen people fall for it. Till they thought about it a bit. Good work.
(05-02-2015, 04:26 PM)Charon Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, Orange Clay.  I have seen people fall for it.  Till they thought about it a bit.  Good work.

You are most welcome, thought we should post this as I've seen on other forums were ppl have actually received these calls. Heart
I have also seen people fall for this scam. Very upsetting. Disgusting actually.
You figured correctly, Fireplaces. This is the same type scam OrangeClay posted, only it's scams impersonating IRS agents rather than DEA agents.

"There are clear warning signs about these scams, which continue at high levels throughout the nation,” said IRS Commissioner John Koskinen. “Taxpayers should remember their first contact with the IRS will not be a call from out of the blue, but through official correspondence sent through the mail. A big red flag for these scams are angry, threatening calls from people who say they are from the IRS and urging immediate payment. This is not how we operate. People should hang up immediately and contact TIGTA or the IRS.”

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Repe...hone-Scams
FP, I checked out the I*R*S website, they have a scam section and Zander is correct, they will contact you by mail 1st
The I-R-S will never:

Angrily demand immediate payment over the phone, nor will the agency call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill.
(05-02-2015, 04:05 PM)OrangeClay Wrote: [ -> ]Angry
The D*E*A is warning the public about criminals posing as D*E*A special agents or other LE personnel as part of an international extortion scheme.
The criminals call the victims and identify themselves as D*E*A agents or LE officials from other agencies. The impersonators inform their victims that purchasing drugs over the internet or by telephone is illegal, and that enforcement action will be taken against them unless they pay a fine. In most cases, the impersonators instruct their victims to pay the "fine" via wire transfer to a designated location, usually overseas. If victims refuse to send money, the impersonators often threaten to arrest them or search their property.
The public should be aware that no D*E*A agent will ever contact members of the public by telephone to demand money or any other form of payment.

Yep and in fact I know a database with DEA "Helpers" that has pissed the DEA off and trying to get the database down. Mostly because the DEA has lied and entrapped many of the people they arrest and sweep it under the rug.

(01-23-2016, 05:35 PM)luvhandles Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2015, 04:05 PM)OrangeClay Wrote: [ -> ]Angry

Yep and in fact I know a database with DEA "Helpers" that has pissed the DEA off and trying to get the database down. Mostly because the DEA has lied and entrapped many of the people they arrest and sweep it under the rug.

Not to reply to my own post but the DEA has been caught doing searches and listening in conversations without getting authorized because all they have to do is use a stingray that doesn't need a cell tower and tap in your phone, computer etc and you don't even know it. Now LEO's use these devices..https://www.rt.com/usa/320082-police-sti...recording/
(08-16-2015, 03:10 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Harley and Zander for the info.  I figured it was a scam, but nice to get that confirmed!

That's a total scam Fire. They talked about these calls on my local news the other day.

Some people will go to any lengths to try and rip people off. How do these people doing this sleep at night.
They are all gonna burn in hell for the things they do. I hate those leeches that won't get a real job but think nothing of trying to take advantage of hard working people just trying to get by.
The evil 3 letter agency we are speaking of said I owed them over $42,000.00! Haha! Which I did not, maybe a couple grand tops. They sent the official letter to an old address in California and I was living in Texas. Long story short, I hired a tax company that specialized in these matters. The evil 3 letter agency was garnishing my SSDI! 15% a month, basically till I died at that rate. This tax service was on the ball! They stopped the garnishments instantly, got me a refund of what they took and the tax service fee? $1,900 payable in 10 monthly payments of $190 per mo, much less than the garnishments and the payments ended before I died! They did an offer in compromise and I had to pay the evil theives $50 a month for 5 months. Done, fixed, finito! Not to sound like a shill for the tax co, they saved my arse!
Nicest 2 guys on the planet and quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Anyway (Charon feel free to delete my.next sentence if it's out of bounds). If anyone is interested in talking to these guys feel free to pm me. I don't know them, never met them and I get nothing for passing on this info. You don't even need to mention my name, which is funny cuz nobody here knows my name haha! I guess you could say The Dude referred you but I doubt they wouldn't have a clue about what you're talking about, bean counting is their life haha. Just happy it's over! $42,000 cost me a total of $2,150 stretched out over a year!
I hope if anyone has this kind of issue, there is help out there!
Peace!
The Dude
Why did the dea of all people, decide you owed 42 big ones? Sounds like bs to me but its hard to fight the govt even when its wrong.
Pages: 1 2