IOPList.Org

Full Version: VPN's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think this would be the spot to ask the question. Are most using VPN networks when visiting these different vendors? I personally do I know that many ISP's can track what site people visit and how open through our IP addresses. I just wonder if there is any correlation between seizures and using/ not using VPN. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong area.
As an added bonus since starting to use a VPN my internet connection is like twice as fast because c*mc*st cant/doesn't have the ability to throttle the speed.
spot on chefj1! great topic!!

I this very evening started using vpn as an added layer of confidentiality....highly recommended to all....certainly can't hurt
Tor is a great proxy, better than a vpn which it is in a way. Use pgp and no one can read your messages.
(10-10-2015, 01:23 AM)Grandote Wrote: [ -> ]Tor is a great proxy, better than a vpn which it is in a way. Use pgp and no one can read your messages.
Grandote I actually use a combo of Tor proxy and IP vanish for VPN. It is not like I am doing much against the law online I just really hate the whole Big Brother watching and especially certain ISP's. A while back I used to download a lot of live music etc and got some nasty letters that they were going to cut me off. That is when I really started to take my privacy a little more seriously.
Can a person use Tor and a VPN together or is that pointless?
(10-10-2015, 01:35 AM)Acmilan171 Wrote: [ -> ]Can a person use Tor and a VPN together or is that pointless?
I am by no means a IT guru however I do use both of those in conjunction. Especially if on any type of mobile device ipad or phone. I cant exactly explain what the TOR actually does but the VPN hides your IP address by rerouting all info through a 3rd party server. Right now my computer and every search engine etc thinks I am in Johannesburg.  I am sure someone more tech savy can add to this discussion.
You can use tor with a vpn, it would disguise your tor usage from your isp, for example. A drawback of doing that is the vpn can read all your traffic before it gets to tor and copy your login details if you use it to access a hidden service for example.
I use both. Also if you have a quality Vpn your login details will be encrypted so there shouldn't be anything to worry about
Encrypted by the vpn but I assume they can read it if they wish.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6