IOPList.Org
Old Cartoons... - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Old Cartoons... (/showthread.php?tid=1778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Old Cartoons... - IceWizard - 03-24-2016

[Image: hoppity.jpg]
Do you remember this guy?
Hoppity Hooper

[Image: sa1091.jpg]
And the ole "sly" fox and the bear...
Waldo Wigglesworth .... Filmore Bear

Surely you have a few favs....

Ice

RE: Old Cartoons... - Spanky - 03-25-2016

Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle.

Ran from 1959 ti 1964.  They just don't make 'em like this anymore.  The supporting characters and segments included Dudley Do-Right, Boris Badanov and his slinky gal Natasha, Fractured Fairy Tales narrated by Edward Everett Horton, and my favorite, Peabody's History featuring Mr. Peabody (the dog) and his boy Sherman exploring hisroty in the Way Back machine.  "Help Mr. Turtle."

"Be just what you is and not what you is not; those who do that are the happiest lot".  Mr. Turtle. 

Good idea Ice.

Spanky

(03-25-2016, 02:21 AM)Harley Wrote: durn... my upload didn't work...

Snagglepuss.

Hi Harley, yeah, tricky to get an image on sometimes.  Usually, if it's going right, you'll see typed "attachement" in brackets in the composing area and wont see the "included" pic until you preview, then you have to go back to the comp page to type.  I had to Google because I couldn't remember what Snagglepuss said off the top of the head.  It  was "Heavens to Murgatroyd!" and sometimes "Exit Stage Left". 
Great toon character. 

Spanky

RE: Old Cartoons... - IceWizard - 03-25-2016

Tom Terrific and Manfred the Wonder Dog... A cartoon from "Captian Kangaroo"...

[Image: full.png]

Just a note... Lee Marvin once said the bravest man he ever knew was Captain Bob Keshen (Capt Kangaroo) they served in the USMC together....

On another note "Sufferin Succatash"....

[Image: 51qp77dca7l-_ss500_-jpg.116700]

Ice

I used to watch this one a bit...

"There's no need to fear... Underdog is here!"

[Image: original_195034_1J8zFvjDiDugc_RsxZKZwXvan.jpg]

(03-25-2016, 12:56 AM)Spanky Wrote: Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle.

Ran from 1959 ti 1964.  They just don't make 'em like this anymore.  The supporting characters and segments included Dudley Do-Right, Boris Badanov and his slinky gal Natasha, Fractured Fairy Tales narrated by Edward Everett Horton, and my favorite, Peabody's History featuring Mr. Peabody (the dog) and his boy Sherman exploring hisroty in the Way Back machine.  "Help Mr. Turtle."

"Be just what you is and not what you is not; those who do that are the happiest lot".  Mr. Turtle. 

Good idea Ice.

Spanky
I think that was "Help, Mr. Wizard" in both quotes.  I don't know where I got Mr. Turtle, though there was a turtle in one of those cartoons somewhere, "Tutor the Turtle" I think.

No googling, but what I remember is that Hanna-Barbera were a couple of guys who worked at one time for the Disney animation group.  The Disney stuff was like the classic animated features, like Cinderella, etc.

This was all way before computerized animation, and it took a ton of work to make those cartoon figures move in a lifelike fashion.  Each little move had to be drawn, very labor intensive.

Hanna Barbera left Disney and made cartoon characters that didn't move as much, for a lot less money.  What they lacked in physical fluidity, they made up for with style, and writing.  That's when they brought in all those sound effects that helped the movement along. 

They just dropped a lot of frames and got rich, and we got a whole generation of imaginative characters that would've never been made if they'd had to have gone through the normal process. 

Spanky

How very true my friend... Hanna/Barbara made a fortune... They seemed to be on every cartoon...

But I still liked them none the less.... Wink

Ice

RE: Old Cartoons... - andybones - 03-26-2016

Doug!

RE: Old Cartoons... - Spanky - 03-26-2016

Probably the best know from time.  "Watch out for your pic-a-nic basket!"

Spanky

RE: Old Cartoons... - IceWizard - 03-26-2016

Yeah Spanky... "Hey Boo Boo.." (I did like the little bear too Smile )

How's about:::

[Image: here_he_comes_to_save_the_day____mighty_...63lgzs.png]

Ice

Quick Draw and Babalouie...
[Image: 3048025625_00beae6050.jpg]