IOPList.Org
Trusted Members - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Welcome Centre (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Technical (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Trusted Members (/showthread.php?tid=2041)

Pages: 1 2

Trusted Members - jrchitect - 05-11-2016

I keep trying to avoid ways to preclude people shilling but come up blank.  Maybe there are 5 trusted members and they can receive samples and vouch for quality.

RE: Trusted Members - IceWizard - 05-11-2016

Samples of what?

Are you a vendor perhaps?

Ice

RE: Trusted Members - Phobiartz - 06-22-2016

I did not understand what that statement meant either?

Is this Old English? 

Seriously? 

I mean if I was trying to find meaning to what he wrote in today's vernacular English, the post reads like this:

" I Keep trying to avoid ways to prevent from happening people (shilling = formerly British coinage) but come up blank. 
Maybe there are 5 trusted members and they can receive samples and vouch for quality."

Preclude is a verb. Shilling is antiquated vernacular. Has no meaning? 

That is probably why you did not get a reply? Or perhaps the auto correct on his computer inserted the word preclude when it meant prelude since that is a noun? Maybe, " people shilling" is a referendum to the book, "A shilling cookery for the people" by Alexis Benoit Soyer?

RE: Trusted Members - Bighead - 06-22-2016

My guess is he's suggesting the admins/mods appoint five people as sample testers for new vendors that won't shill. Just my guess. I'm not sure what my title is, but I believe the people here that know me trust me, but I don't want to be a guinea pig for any new vendor that pops up. I like living and don't like getting ten items sent to me as the risk is too high for the reward; legally and my health. If you're looking for legitimate reviews I would say 90%-98% percent of the reviews on here are accurate. And I'd say a few vendors may have shills, but when a vendor has pages of positive reviews it's probably a good source. this is a legitimate forum with many long time members in the IOP field. I've known Charon since I first started using IOP's and a few others here. This is just my take on deciphering this thread.

RE: Trusted Members - IceWizard - 06-22-2016

Yeah BigHead, that's what I was thinking as well, yet he has never come back (to this thread) since he posted it....

New vendors... Let me start that again... Good reliable vendors are always welcome as long as they go through the proper channels (Charon) and obtain the proper credentials for setting up shop here with us...

BigHead ... You do come with good marks as Charon has long vouched to you being as you say you are... Wait a minute... I don't mean that as you vend anything, just you are trustworthy...

But I'm still trying to figure the thread starter's agenda if he hasn't even responded to the very thread he started in the first place... How is it gonna be if someone throws $ at him? Will he even answer? He won't do that now!!

Guess this one is not so "on the ball"...

Ice

RE: Trusted Members - Bighead - 06-26-2016

(06-22-2016, 09:15 AM)IceWizard Wrote: Yeah BigHead, that's what I was thinking as well, yet he has never come back (to this thread) since he posted it....

New vendors... Let me start that again... Good reliable vendors are always welcome as long as they go through the proper channels (Charon) and obtain the proper credentials for setting up shop here with us...

BigHead ... You do come with good marks as Charon has long vouched to you being as you say you are... Wait a minute... I don't mean that as you vend anything, just you are trustworthy...

But I'm still trying to figure the thread starter's agenda if he hasn't even responded to the very thread he started in the first place... How is it gonna be if someone throws $ at him? Will he even answer? He won't do that now!!

Guess this one is not so "on the ball"...

Ice
Hahaha, thanks for clarifying that I wasn't I vetted vendor.  I read the first part, didn't think anything of it, but then once I hit the second part I laughed.  I've learned many moons ago the best policy is honesty, whether it's good, bad or ugly.  Well, unless you get an LL don't call and admit it's yours.  But you all get what I mean.

RE: Trusted Members - iNsom - 07-02-2016

It sounds like the OP believes the vast majority of people on here are shilling.

Shilling - my take on the meaning of that word is basically:
Someone lying about a vendor, so said vendor gets more custom.
For example I could say "so-and-so sell great v@l1()m" but in reality they don't- I'm only be saying it to help the vendor rip people off.
I guess vendors could also set up multiple accounts and 'shill' theirselves...
Is that the correct meaning lol?

If I'm correct Re. The OP's comment and the meaning of 'shilling/ shill' then the OP is simply wrong and this thread is pointless.

Yeah, I'm a pioneer, so I guess OP has no reason to believe me lol.

Right that's enough paranoia for one day Wink

RE: Trusted Members - Bighead - 07-03-2016

(07-02-2016, 02:46 PM)Insomnia_Sucks Wrote: It sounds like the OP believes the vast majority of people on here are shilling.

Shilling - my take on the meaning of that word is basically:
Someone lying about a vendor, so said vendor gets more custom.
For example I could say "so-and-so sell great v@l1()m" but in reality they don't- I'm only be saying it to help the vendor rip people off.
I guess vendors could also set up multiple accounts and 'shill' theirselves...
Is that the correct meaning lol?

If I'm correct Re. The OP's comment and the meaning of 'shilling/ shill' then the OP is simply wrong and this thread is pointless.

Yeah, I'm a pioneer, so I guess OP has no reason to believe me lol.

Right that's enough paranoia for one day Wink
Your take on shilling is accurate.  Shilling is basically untruthful reviews.  A vendor may set-up multiple accounts and shill for themselves.   Or, a vendor may give a few people free products, discounts, etc to post good reviews for the vendor.  Like having them lie about quality when others are saying the products are bunk, lying about shipping times (saying they received in 10 days when in reality it took 3 weeks) and so on.  Agreed, this thread is pretty pointless with no follow-up response from the OP to clarify what they were trying to say.

RE: Trusted Members - inpain2 - 07-09-2016

I don't see why an actual customer would lie about their encounter,unless they were bullied by said vendor(s)"say good things or no soup for you"which I have heard of on another board.i just don't understand either you want business,or you don't? and if you do,deliver said,payed for flowers,dont collect-and let wilt in the corner,to sell again to another sucker.

RE: Trusted Members - IceWizard - 07-09-2016

That's exactally why we don't allow those kinds of vendors or members that do that junk...

We only have our word here... If we screw that up, we're no better than... Well I won't even mention "another board" ....

Therefore if anyone is caught pullin crap, they do not stay the the water get hot!!

Ice