IOPList.Org
What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? (/showthread.php?tid=3186)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - Ipburn - 03-28-2017

I am curious, what steps do you take to remain anonymous online while browsing IOPs and fourms? I.E. VPNs, Tor browswr ect. I'm looking to see if im outdated basically lol. Thanks

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - Ladybug - 03-28-2017

That's an excellent question - wish I had an answer.  I was using Tor but there are those on here that are experts in that field, maybe they will answer that for you - hope so.  I also am interested to know if there is anything newer and better.  You might want to checlk our Technical and Science Thread - there was a very good conversation on there a few days ago that I read but I am still trying to digest it. Sad

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - themadhatter420 - 03-28-2017

just a vpn , i personally set to bounce all around then back to a computer in swiss country

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - IceWizard - 03-30-2017

Dynamic IP works fairly well...

Ice

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - Sudsy - 03-31-2017

Thank You IceWizard,
I am going to check it out.

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - funk_punk - 04-10-2017

I use a VPN & have done for the past couple of years.
Sometimes forget to switch it on though.

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - graham3735 - 08-02-2017

I was wondering because I never fill anything out on the site but still get the spam in my emails

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - Furyan66 - 08-02-2017

(03-28-2017, 05:16 AM)Ipburn Wrote: I am curious, what steps do you take to remain anonymous online while browsing IOPs and fourms? I.E. VPNs, Tor browswr ect. I'm looking to see if im outdated basically lol. Thanks

I use a VPN called IPVanish and have had really good luck with it. There are quite a few options out there just make sure it is one that has a policy of "Zero traffic logs"...

Research all your options ant that should be all you need.

I too also use an encrypted email system. I figure you can never be too cautious...

Peace All

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - isthisreallife - 08-05-2017

I use a third level posession spell and possess a random east asian, get to the nearest computer as said possessed. person and use 7 proxies to access ioplist. I can't take risks.

RE: What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs? - D-izzy - 08-05-2017

That's some good advice, isthisreallife.....

Anyhoo, I know the thread is regarding the safe browsing of I0p sites.  But arguably just as important/more so, is communication with a vend0r. The use of a decent e-m@il provider with encryption is just as important, services like s@femail or pr0t0nmail, both use encryption and are a good free choice.

As for browsing, as people have already suggested a VPN is great choice, though do research the VPN provider you go with, as some DO keep records of your internet activity - even when they say they do NOT on there website! There are some good third party websites that compare the available VPN providers and have feedback from real users.

Also as Iceman says, a Dyn@mic IP(As in, it constantly changes your home IP address) is a great idea, and can be doubled up with some of the VPN providers.

Another good option is to use a, 'Live-0S'; Basically it's just an 0per@ting sy5tem loaded from either a DVD or USB Stick(If your real tech savvy then you could use an .!SO file on a Virtu@l M@chine).  But whichever 0perating sy5tem you use for your 'Live-0S', be it L!nux, Wind0ws or whatever, No data will be kept when you physically turn off your computer and No data should get saved to your computer's hard-drive, but using a VPN with a 'Live-0S' is still just as necessary.

AND most definitely using a sec-ure way of c0mmunic@tion with a Vend0r will keep you safer too(u can use encrypt3d e-m@il etc)...