IOPList.Org
Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Welcome Centre (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=6909)

Pages: 1 2

Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Levi4gran - 06-28-2022

I haven’t been on this forum in ages, but I’m back full time and I’ll be at 50 posts in the next two weeks hopefully.

Hope everyone is doing great and looking forward to this long holiday weekend!

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Charon - 06-28-2022

Nice to see you again. I hope you are doing well.

Have a glorious day. I am sure you remember where to find the rules.

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - connie8472 - 06-28-2022

Hi Levi4gran!
I’m on hear every day trying to bring my posts up too. All the best friend.. keep at it and eventually we will get there. I wondered what long weekend you got but I presume 4th July?
In my country we had a long weekend a few weeks back called “the queen’s birthday” but no one really celebrates that it’s just a day off. Actually if you did celebrate it I think you might get bashed lol or at least laughed at.

Anyhow nice to meet you and have a good 4th of July. I will enjoy watching my (USA) podcasts because people will do 4th July specials and be extra happy holiday relaxed. Smile

Peace

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Grovedale - 06-29-2022

Hello Levi4gran and welcome back. Hope life is being kind to you  Smile Heart

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Kg300 - 07-08-2022

Hi Levi4gran! Welcome back! I’m doing the same, I was part of a forum years ago and I forget how beneficial they are and also the great people you meet and make friends with! Look forward to chatting with you once we are past 50!!

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - connie8472 - 07-08-2022

Has it changed much over the years? I’m new new. Never even been on a forum except one other and I am a lurker there. Hear I am trying to post to get posts up. In the other place I have just lurked for years. It’s not m3ds related. Would this forum be the same bunch of people who were on Silk Road many years ago when it was a thing??? Just curious.. it’s probably a mix
When I first joined I thought it was a lot more umm not sure if the word

What I have observed is it’s more genuine and authentic
People with real medical need

Am I aloud to say that?

I’m admitting my preconceptions of maybe assumed something but I genuinely am impressed with what I have found hear. I would protect it and keep it secret Ofcause but

It’s encouraging me to be better too
Learn more
Go to my doctor
Get scripts if I can
Research meds and effects- results-benefit-risks-other peoples experience

It’s probably all the reading haha. Brings you out of the depression a little and gives tiny purpose, even the 50 post goal. I nearly gave up when I read that one but hear we are. Still getting there.

Have a great day guys Levi4gran, Grovedale, kg300 hope you all keep coming back. I’ll keep checking back in.

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Charon - 07-08-2022

It has changed a lot. The vast majority of people here, cuz I have a reputation for insisting on rules for the safety of the vendors, the members and the forum, are older. Have real needs. And doctors became insane.

Many of us ran or were in private forums. Wee ones. I lived in NY near where Silk Road delivered. I only knew that cuz a policeman/fireman whom died from nine eleven injuries, told me so. I had one friend whom went to the underground and got some tricks. Not for me.

Most of us have real need. Real illnesses. Lots of autoimmunes and PTSD. So we become a support group to each other as best we can. We know how it feels to first come on a forum.

Just don't ever be an admin at a forum cuz you will have to walk thru hell cuz some men detested that i, a woman, ran forums.

I am disabled and i run forums for the Lord God I serve. It began when i ran forums for cancer. and then was the caregiver for cancer in my home. So, we guys run this forum to be a christian family whom cares for each other. We get no pay. It is volunteer.

We know illness. Fear. Medicines and the lack thereof.

We are welcoming you to learn from us and vice versa.

Good work so far, BTW!

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - connie8472 - 07-10-2022

Thankyou for sharing that Charon. It’s what I thought maybe I was observing and helps to know for sure. The forums helped me in a way I wouldn’t be able to explain so please know you guys are making a difference. Don’t mean to go off topic. Just Thankyou.
I can imagine there would be hard to deal with stuff. Just know it’s worth it.

We are greatful. Probably even the guests who lurk and just read too. Blesses them too.

Anyway back to Levi4gran’s welcome. Peace everyone

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Charon - 07-13-2022

Well, lookie lookie whom is at the almost fifty post mark.

I usually add a post or two to your post count to insure you can get into restricted area 2.

Then one aims for 150 posts. You can do more than five a day now.

Welcome to the family.

RE: Long time no Post, so Hello and nice to meet everyone! - Kg300 - 07-14-2022

Connie, just being here for a short time I can tell it’s changed a lot. Much more sincere genuine need I feel now. Back 7-8 years ago it was wild lol. But the mods and admins do tremendous job here and I’m very happy I found this forum!