Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best weight loss pill?
Any ideas?
I'm afraid I can only tell you what not to try! And that's my experience with Adderall, which definitely worked in terms of weight loss but I was a nervous wreck, well more than normal anyway. I will watch this thread with interest, am very interested in any natural remedies which have worked for others?
It seems like most people prefer phentermine. I think all diet pills are at best useless and at worst dangerous though.
Faith and fear can not coexist  Angel
Thank you for your replies guys. I'll try the phentermine
(04-23-2019, 12:53 PM)Cantique Wrote: I'm afraid I can only tell you what not to try! And that's my experience with Adderall, which definitely worked in terms of weight loss but I was a nervous wreck, well more than normal anyway. I will watch this thread with interest, am very interested in any natural remedies which have worked for others?
sorry to hear about your adverse reaction to this. I did not have any weight loss on this nor nervousness the short time I was on addy.
 I have people say a few things about natural remedies and their suggestions:
1) Drink water with lemon wedges - especially fill up with water before meals to feel fuller
2) Garcinia Cambogia Extract
3) If you are able and have access to a vitamin /nutrition shop - a trained sales person can give you more suggestions.

Good Luck!
(04-24-2019, 11:33 PM)kiki99 Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 12:53 PM)Cantique Wrote: I'm afraid I can only tell you what not to try! And that's my experience with Adderall, which definitely worked in terms of weight loss but I was a nervous wreck, well more than normal anyway. I will watch this thread with interest, am very interested in any natural remedies which have worked for others?
sorry to hear about your adverse reaction to this. I did not have any weight loss on this nor nervousness the short time I was on addy.
 I have people say a few things about natural remedies and their suggestions:
1) Drink water with lemon wedges - especially fill up with water before meals to feel fuller
2) Garcinia Cambogia Extract
3) If you are able and have access to a vitamin /nutrition shop - a trained sales person can give you more suggestions.

Good Luck!

This is very interesting. I will look in to it!
(04-23-2019, 06:58 PM)Noelb98 Wrote: It seems like most people prefer phentermine.  I think all diet pills are at best useless and at worst dangerous though.

I have to agree with all the statements Noelb98 made. So what I do is burn more calories than I take in, the old fashioned way, I'm not perfect, but I'll trade that for something that rips my stomach in two  Wink
I have had good results with phentermine
I had good results with phen at one time as well.. but I am 48 and tired of the yo yo dieting and the quick fix that leaves you "skinny fat". I am learning to eat properly (look up macros) and go to Orangetheory 4-5 x a week and Restorative Yoga twice a week. It is going to take a lot longer than I want, but it is the healthy, lasting way to do it. I want to be strong as hell in the process.

Duromine was great too, but the two that sold it are no longer in existence...
I've taken phentermine off and on over the years and had success when combined with a change of eating habits and portion size.  I haven't taken it for over 10 years due to several concerns as I've grown older.  Phentermine eventually caused me anxiety, which I then had to get medication for.  I also developed hypertension/high blood pressure probably resulting from weight gain and aging.  I quit taking it because I felt it was more harmful than helpful for me.  My doctor also let me try Contrave or Qsymia (I can't remember which one it was), which I was to start off on a pill a day, then slowly increase the dose.  Whichever one it was nearly turned me inside out once I started increasing the dose, and it made me a bit disoriented.  Nix on that one.

I have been taking over the counter Alli for a few years, which seems to help and, for me, has no side effects.  I read that the otc dose is half the strength of the prescription strength orlistat.  I suppose I could take 2 pills at a time instead of 1, but I don't.  Regarding my weight, perhaps I've just learned to love it.   Tongue