Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Valium vs Phenobarbital
Phenobarbital is in a different drug class than valium. PB is considered a hypnotic sedative and should be used with caution. It can cause liver function problems and slows your body functions such as respiration. It is very addictive and toxic if taken in higher doses. In my opinion Valium is a much safer drug. My go to drug for help sleeping is Lorazepam.
I have a myriad of autoimmunes cuz if one gets one autoimmune, one can get any and all of them. or so studies and doctors still insist.

Not one illness i have been dx'd with is curable. ha! Irish have no luck. But in my family, only one lived past 71 yrs.

They added pheno to meds i used to get because my seizures and unreal panic modes? were demanding pheno. Valium helps a wee bit with my tremors and seizures and strokes, but, i was a firm believer in keeping a supply of emergency meds. Even my German Shepherd had to go on it. But it is different. And, one does not feel its working. It takes a day or so to builld up. And then wham. People have told me they wound up in ER. Or, fall down stairs.

As doctors one by one gave up on helping me, and i originally wanted to be a Dr. of medicine, a psychiatrist, I studied all this. *when my Dr. sister vivisected a baby pig first week of medical school, I chose to become a doctor of law. Usually, there is less blood in law.* So u gotta check with ur drs and research. But, off pheno now, i can shake uncontrollably. The finest valium in the world cannot touch it. So, u gotta study ur body and how it reacts to meds.

I have done quite a few of these forums, and i recAll many telling me all the troubles they had with pheno. The major problem being one thinks it is not working. And, if it were a benzo, and u r wise, u take one half of benzo. But those whom took another pheno or two, often wound up in the ER. It can be a serious med. It is not like valium on my body.

So, research with a friend if u get a script. have someone there. to refuse to let u take another. wait a day. Cuz, trust me on this, u dont want to go down steps. long long steps and wind up with ur neck turned in some direction that it should not.

I think we have all learned the potential harm of a med that one takes without appropriate knowledge. And wives tales were often true. So this old widow will just put out the warning. I do recall much of the complaints were against the South African pharmacy. Please be careful. Happy New Year guys and gals.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel