Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoril/Temazepam
I found the temazepam was a sucking candy compared to midazolam or halcion etc.. Restoril doesnt knock me out but it does keep me from awakening. if you cant actually fall asleep, you will need alot of temazepam to get you knocked out. I have taken 120mg no problem when a 15mg midazolam will make me black out.
temazepam doesn't work so well for me and I'm prescribed 30mg per night(well day for me) for the last 3 years or so. It doesn't do anything for me anymore except relax my mind a bit. I would NOT recommend it for anymore than a few weeks of use, so do doctors. It's almost 100% bioavailable orally, and kicks in fastish(Alprazolam is faster IMO). It and it's metabolites(diazepam and nordazepam for the most part) half-life are perfect for a good nights sleep which is why I think it a sleep benzo according to doctors. If you're benzo tolerant it's just expensive. I honestly prefer either diazepam, Zolpidem, or clonazepam(my fav benzo for any reason).

Cutstact is totally right, I have the same issue.
(07-10-2016, 10:32 AM)cutstack Wrote: Restoril doesnt knock me out but it does keep me from awakening. if you cant actually fall asleep, you will need alot of temazepam to get you knocked out. 
Great site for benzo info
I've been prescribed generic temazepam (Apo-Temazepam) for the last few years to help combat insomnia and I've found it to be a great sleep med. My usual dose is 15-30mg before bed - if I'm still having trouble falling asleep, I'll take another 15mg and 99% of the time that'll put me right out. For me, I really like when I'm laying in bed and I feel the temazepam "kick in"; you just feel your whole body relax and your mind finally stops racing. If taken infrequently (e.g. 1-3 nights a week), it's a very effective hypnotic IMO.
I tried temazepam at doses from. 30 to 160. Yes very high. Its great for staying asleep not being knocked out. I found myself unable to fall asleep on these but rather had a high euphoric feeling when the med kicked in. I want stuff to put me to sleep and this didn't do the trick and they were from a us pharmacy btw.
Nitrazepam is one of my favorite foreign benzodiazepine sedatives. I'll get quite a few of the 5 mg tablets and take 2 or 3 of them when I can't sleep. They're dirt cheap too
Always been interested in getting these but doubt theyre upto much. I used to adore the jellies sadly they disapoeared due to abuse. If anyone does have any good sources id maybe like to chance my arm at some if anyone has any reccomendations.

As we all know the quality in that part of tbe world differs so much its just not been worth taking the risk upto now.
(02-14-2018, 12:30 AM)Sunglassesron Wrote: Always been interested in getting these but doubt theyre upto much.  I used to adore the jellies sadly they disapoeared due to abuse.  If anyone does have any good sources id maybe like to chance my arm at some if anyone has any reccomendations.

As we all know the quality in that part of tbe world differs so much its just not been worth taking the risk upto now.

Give Macro a try. Just got mine and are the real restoril 30mg. I will give updates soon also got Nitrazepam 5 mg,They were juat fine too. Hope it all works out!
(07-12-2016, 04:28 AM)nick_stokes Wrote: I've been prescribed generic temazepam (Apo-Temazepam) for the last few years to help combat insomnia and I've found it to be a great sleep med. My usual dose is 15-30mg before bed - if I'm still having trouble falling asleep, I'll take another 15mg and 99% of the time that'll put me right out. For me, I really like when I'm laying in bed and I feel the temazepam "kick in"; you just feel your whole body relax and your mind finally stops racing. If taken infrequently (e.g. 1-3 nights a week), it's a very effective hypnotic IMO.

I purchased some 30mg Restoril Temazepam by Novartis from a well loved vendor. 
Yes - I suppose they are on the expensive side compared to other magazines (which is not really unusual from this particular vendor Big Grin )
TripSit say Temazepam has a 20-90 minutes onset. Well, it's definitely 90minutes for me.
And good heavens, when I want to get to sleep, I don't want to wait an hour and a half for my med to start working.
They are also listed as having a 6 - 10 hour duration. And for me it's towards the 10 hours.
(I definitely spend the 'morning after' constantly correctly spelling mistakes that I'd never usually make.)
I have also noticed I develop a very quick tolerance to Temazepam. A couple of weeks of nightly use and it's like I haven't taken one at all.
They may, as nick_stockes suggests, be best utilized as part of a 1 -3 times a week regime.
When I initially realized my tolerance was building I decided to try 2 x 30mg. Wrong wrong wrong. I didn't regain full waking consciousness the whole next day.

I have learned to respect the 30mg Restoril. They are not for every day. Take them early, not on retiring, don't expect to feel them arrive, but enjoy the long undistubed sleep that they will provide.
They don't come with a' no sleepy hangover' guarantee. 
All of which which means they are relegated to one of the few magazines which fall into my 'Friday or Saturday' night reading category.

Oh, how interesting.
On re-reading this thread, I've noticed that 14 out of the 30 posts in this topic were made by members who were subsequently banned.
Surely that must be a record! A 50% success (or 'failure' Huh ) rate ?
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Try Nitrazepam 5mg definitely not as overwhelming as Temazepam and cheaper. I wake up less groggy and more refreshed. 

Xfizzler
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
one of my all time favorites. Great for sleep, mildly hypnotic and very euphoric