Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good Deeds Thread-Happy News Only, Please!
Saw a guy sat on the wall near where i live,as i crossed the road to where he had been sitting noticed he'd left his phone.
shouted him back,he was well shocked to get it recovered,usually where i live that'd be gone in seconds,that was my good deed yesterday,doubt i'll be doing one today,rain,cold wind,staying put.
Oooh, you are such a good person, TG.  

(You don't have to do your good deeds daily.)

Thank you for sharing!!
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Don't like dishonesty,we get enough of that from politicians in all countries,imagine a world of honesty,aint going to happen sadly,life should be much better than it is for many of us.
If everyone did little things like that, it would be a better world. Great one, Tommygun.

25 years ago i might not have done that,i just don't want to be like i was then,i try to be the exact opposite,so glad i'm outta that bad scene i was once a part of,very hard dealing with friends who still are on them nasty substances,just hope they get utterly fed up of it all like i did,longer they leave it harder they will find it to kick that crap,its like living in Afghanistan where i am,not taliban killing folk with bombs,but they def manged to get that crap substance in abundance here.
Smile  Great thread Revolution!  Smile  

thank you for thinking of it.......need to be on the watch more for a good happy story or Good Deed.....
I have apparently become a "Chicken whisperer".  The babies I picked up at the post office yesterday were terrified of the giant who came three times a day to refill their food and water, check the temperature in their bins, and pick each one of them up individually to check for symptoms of weakness or common illnesses, when I went downstairs to do all of that just now, the babies in both bins (60 babies, 30 per bin divided up by size) rushed to my hand for their checkups, I had to peel a few at a time away from my hand and wrist each time I reached in so that I could get a look at them individually.  They'll become more complacent about me after they are old enough for me to select adoptive mothers for them from the adult hens outside, but for now it pleases me that they are no longer afraid of me, but anxious to be picked up - And it only took 33 hours or so.

Happiness is being loved by animals, and apparently avians as well.
B2G, that is so nice. Animals understand gentleness. 

Here is a nice story of a whale...
A female humpback whale had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth.

This is her story of giving gratitude. 

A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her…. a very dangerous proposition.

One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer. 

They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her. 

When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently, thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives.

The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same. 

May you be so fortunate …

To be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you. 

And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude.

I read of a Japanese fisherman who was lost at sea and was about to give up hope.

Along surfaces a turtle who let the fisherman hold on for two days and was finally rescued by a passing ship.

That was an un-natural act on behalf of the turtle who needs to dive to eat.

One doesn't explain this......except with joyous acceptance Cool
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
(05-01-2016, 05:10 PM)Revolution Wrote: B2G, that is so nice. Animals understand gentleness. 

Here is a nice story of a whale...
A female humpback whale had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth.

This is her story of giving gratitude. 

A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her…. a very dangerous proposition.

One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer. 

They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her. 

When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently, thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives.

The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same. 

May you be so fortunate …

To be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you. 

And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude.

Wow  ...Rev. This is a great story that really warms my heart.

Thank you so much for Sharing it......wouldn't It have been a life changing experience ....yes for sure

It would have been an honor and privilege to have helped on this rescue mission.

Rev  I hope you have a good day.