Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get your doctor to add the Benzos you need?
Chicken,

Hope things get better for you. I have found that doctors are super anxious to hand out RXs for alpraz compared to clonaz so maybe try to only work on getting that? Also Diaz is a pretty good alternative as well and less likely to make your Dr. nervous for you.

Hope you figure it out!
(04-25-2016, 04:23 PM)sdfalcons Wrote: Chicken,

Hope things get better for you. I have found that doctors are super anxious to hand out RXs for alpraz compared to clonaz so maybe try to only work on getting that? Also Diaz is a pretty good alternative as well and less likely to make your Dr. nervous for you.

Hope you figure it out!

Hello, and thank you my friend..Funny you should say that about the Diaz.. I came to the same conclusion the other day.. I read Diaz is fast acting.. O figured it was in the intermediate class..

So that is my plan I will say okay forget the alpraz and could we compromise on the diaz for the rescues..

Laslty I plan to ask for Dalmane for sleeping med.. Reason being is if I get a good night's sleep my next day anxiety should be less. Also Dalmanes half life is 100 hours and you really can't go wrong with that...

I'm praying to every saint that comes to mind that my plan of action works..

I'll report back Smile
Diazepam is not fast acting,unlike xanax or alps which is,diaz is used to come off the fast acting benzos usually,unless you live where i do where you get nothing but a scowl from a doc and told you can go into detox,then you lose all welfare and have to start all over again with nothing.
(04-24-2016, 09:26 PM)Chickenzilla Wrote: I forgot to mention I'm doing 9 days of volunteer work in may.. I hope that helps me out a bit.. I won't have my anxiety meds for 2/3s of it but It should lift my spirit and all the sunshine should help me quiet a bit!  

It's a project to help save an endangered turtle.. I should be pretty neat.. Just me and 2 other guys... Again.. I'll report back.. Also I didn't mean to stress that ONLY medication can cure one.. theres many variables to helping one even if only in the short term.

That's a great attitude to have, Chickenzilla, and attitude is half the battle.    Smile

I think it's always a positive to find some activity that gives you an immediate sense of reward.
Sounds like your project is just the sort of thing to help you feel better about yourself, about what you have to offer (and receive) in life.

I agree that diaz is long-acting, slower onset and in system longer, than alps.  If your doctor prescribed those, it would help ease your transition to another medication.

Good luck!   Smile
"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks."   --Davy Crockett
I too have suffered through addiction and am now seeking therapy due to a recent relapse and hospitalization due to getting cellulitis and having a blot clot in one of my veins (VERY SCARY BUT VERY EYE OPENING). I also suffer from severe anxiety and just went to a doc on Monday to talk about my anxiety in hopes of getting a script for alpraz so i can not worry about ordering it all the time. she prescribed me hydroxyzine but told me that if it doesn't work to please call her and she will try something else. Im just worried that with the relapse on my record due to my ER visit that they will NEVER give me any benzos. I am however clean now and plan on stayting that way. I just hope that the psych doc sees things different and helps me out with something like clonaz or alpraz. feel your pain ChickenZillla and wish you nothing but the best on your road to recovery. I know first hand that recovery from opiate abuse especially H is a LIFE LONG PROCESS and very hard battle, but it can be beaten with the propper support and motivation.
To the op. Its sad that Drs are so reluctant to prescribe. I have struggled with anxiety and insomnia my whole life. Amien was prescribed to me a ton and I built tolerance to that to the point at which I needed 80 yes 8 pills to feel it. I of course was supplementing my prescription with stuff I got shipped from iops. I remember asking for the various benzos but wasn't given much. Running around to try and find a dr that would help was hard. Pych drs in nyc often only accept cash not insurance so paying a ton only to be dissapoited was dumb. I stopped Ambien and am taking dormicum which I got from an iop and its extremely effective. I plan on taking it as long as I need to and get my Ambien tolerance down. The dormicum is the best sleeping aid I ever took. It really knocks you out but I wake up so soon after taking it.
(07-23-2019, 01:00 AM)sls642 Wrote: There is so much pressure on docs these days about what they shouldn't  prescribe, it's hard to blame them for worrying about their legal situation. Even pharmacists have gotten into the loop.

I know you can take ben*** for a very long time without having problems. Some people obviously can't so the lowest common denominator policy kicks in and you get what we are now seeing, a sort of one size fits all approach to decision making. I'm assuming the same is true for opioids. I'm fairly certain that people who truly need them to live have been caught up in the "anti" crusade going on now. For example, I wonder how this is affecting hospice care and patients who have intractable pain but are not dying. There has to be a smarter and more compassionate way to deal with medical issues than expecting the government to be the deciders.
I am in a similar boat as the OP, prescribed kpin, Subutex, and Rit@l1n, along with a slew of antidepressants. I am on a relatively low dose of anti-anxiety meds, so I do supplement with IOPs.... without them I am so anxious I can’t even be around my family or close friends without feeling uncomfortable, twitchy, and conscious of every move I make. I just wish more docs would understand generalized anxiety disorder better, and not always be trying to gradually cut my doses. My doc tries to explain that my taking kpin is actually making my anxiety worse (due to the rebound anxiety felt when the meds wear off), but there’s an easy solution: put me on a high enough dose so that the meds are consistently in my system.