Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What security measures do you take while browsing IOPs?
Yes indeed, I do have a ProtonMail acct and will use a note encryption service that only allows a couple of reads or a length of time before it dissolves ...

However as you say my friend, these days one can never be too careful, so that VPN you are using has some great reviews....

I think I may just have to look into that one ... Thanks Furyan for that heads up Smile

Ice

(08-02-2017, 10:05 PM)Furyan66 Wrote: I use a VPN called IPVanish and have had really good luck with it. There are quite a few options out there just make sure it is one that has a policy of "Zero traffic logs"...

Research all your options ant that should be all you need.

I too also use an encrypted email system. I figure you can never be too cautious...

Peace All
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(08-05-2017, 03:47 PM)IceWizard Wrote: Yes indeed, I do have a ProtonMail acct and will use a note encryption service that only allows a couple of reads or a length of time before it dissolves  ...

However as you say my friend, these days one can never be too careful, so that VPN you are using has some great reviews....

I think I may just have to look into that one ... Thanks Furyan for that heads up Smile

Ice

(08-02-2017, 10:05 PM)Furyan66 Wrote: I use a VPN called IPVanish and have had really good luck with it. There are quite a few options out there just make sure it is one that has a policy of "Zero traffic logs"...

Research all your options ant that should be all you need.

I too also use an encrypted email system. I figure you can never be too cautious...

Peace All

I also use Protonmail as my email..

Always remember no matter what you use email or VPN wise if BB wants to look at you nothing is secure. Use these great tools but you gotta use them smartly.

Good Luck and peace All
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
(08-05-2017, 03:47 PM)IceWizard Wrote: Yes indeed, I do have a ProtonMail acct and will use a note encryption service that only allows a couple of reads or a length of time before it dissolves  ...

Ice

I didn't know you could set your emails to delete themselves after so many reads, or even after a set amount of time!

Thanks for the info Furyan+IceWizard, I'll read up some more on that - it sounds quite interesting!

Shy
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
There was a vendor that insisted on using temp pm,wouldn't answer you if you did not use it when contacting them unless you had an encrypted email like proton,I would use it along with an encrypted email addy,believe temp pm was encrypted plus it could only be read once then after that unable to read what had been sent in temp pm,all vendors should be using some kind of encryption,its getting to damn risky out there now not to do so.
There are 2 that seem to do the trick for me...

quickforget(dot)com

and

guantanamail(dot)com (not sure about the spelling ya know I don't do that very well Smile )

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Not sure anmaldrsam,I only used temp pm and another one similar that I forget the name of,it's pretty handy in this game,if you do receive a message by temp pm or similar and it has important info in it then get ready to write that info down,once read then it can't be read again.Message will self destruct after 1 reading.

Not heard of other people being unable to read emails sent from proton,maybe it was a glitch in the earlier days?
Problem, if you use a VPN or a proxy, and want to pay with cc, it will take it as "fraud" by their system and block your buy .
(01-04-2018, 01:56 AM)relaxme Wrote: Problem, if you use a VPN or a proxy, and want to pay with cc, it will take it as "fraud" by their system and block your buy .

I use a VPN and have never come across this problem. It does prompt you multiple times if you wish to proceed but never had a cc flat out blocked as "fraud".

I can see how this could be a problem but I have had no issues with this whatsoever...

Peace All

Fury
I brought an IP blocker years ago that works pretty well. One day I'd like to get a TOR browser but the directions seem incredibly difficult. I'm sure it's a lot simpler than my imagination allows, anytime I see more than 5 steps my brain just gives up, lol.
(01-04-2018, 04:23 AM)coffeedude22 Wrote: I brought an IP blocker years ago that works pretty well.  One day I'd like to get a TOR browser but the directions seem incredibly difficult.  I'm sure it's a lot simpler than my imagination allows, anytime I see more than 5 steps my brain just gives up, lol.

Hey coffeedude22..

Make yourself a pot of coffee (LoL) , download TOR and play with it a couple hours. It is a lot more complex than it appears to be. You'll bet used to it in no time..

Peace

Fury