Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Glen campbell dies at 81
http://www.eonline.com/news/872230/count...-s-disease

Country music fans are mourning the loss of a legend.

E! News can confirm "Rhinestone Cowboy" singer Glen Campbell died Tuesday morning in Nashville. He was 81.

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease," a statement read on his personal website. "In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Glen Campbell Memorial Fund at BrightFocus Foundation through the CareLiving.org donation page."

His wife Kim Campbell also shared a statement that read, "The family appreciates your prayers and respect for their privacy at this time."

During his career that spanned six decades, Glen sold more than 45 million records. In fact, he sold more than the Beatles in 1968.

Photos
Celebrity Deaths: 2017's Fallen Stars
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this difficult time.

Story developing...more to come.

RIP.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Very sad - I enjoyed several of his songs, especially the one you posted.
It's so sad when you read of the Greats like Glen Campbell passing on.

They all provided the soundtracks to our lives and in some ways feel like family.

RIP Glen and thanks.
I saw the special on I think CNN a few months ago about his life with Ahlzeimers. It was sad & touching at the same time. I grew up listening to him.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain