Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effective sleeping pills
(02-01-2018, 03:57 AM)masterthief Wrote: There is an over the counter herbal supplement called "relax and sleep formula" by spring valley.  Perhaps give that a try.

i think i have also tried this as well, for me it worked like a charm!
1. Kava
2. Kava
3. Did I mention..KAVA!!

Whilst it technically isn't traditionally consumed as a pill in some parts of the world outside the West (although I hVe had them in pill form previously which can tend to be more convenient than the tedious preparation of the tea) - but whatever floats ya boat! If you decide to go with Tea it would be criminal of me not to warn you just how awful the taste is. You will get used to it over time (maybe because of a slight placebo effect that after a couple of sips you know a milf blissful sensation is about to fell present in both psychological see physiological pleasurable effects. I tend to add a spoonful of honey to the tea some days and a couple of spoons of hot chocolate on other days. What can I say, I have a serious sweet tooth and zI don't enjoy drinking anything that makes me gag so experiment and see what you can add that works for you to make the taste a wee bit more bearable. With that being said, it's never gonna win any awards for how great it tastes regardless of how many sweet products you add to it lol. I know it's not nice to here but trust me you'd rather know this now than ŵhrn you go to glue your first sip lf Kava tea and find yourself retching! For anyone considering this this, I'll be praying for you all that your stomachs end up being muuuuch stronger than mine Smile even with that being said, the unpleasant taste is still 100& worth the effects.

As with anything, your mileage may vary but 2 pills (if you choose to be cautious and stay away from the tea) ingested straight before I get into bed makes getting to sleep and staying asleep as easy as ABC. This is coming from someone who has battled insomnia their whole life! They don't seem to play havoc with my memory like benzos do so if one is fed up of relying s BZD to get to sleep in my opinion Kava is the next best thing,

After that I'd probably say:
- Lemom Balm tea
- Chamomile tea
- Valerian root

Chamomile probably being my most favoured of the last three with Lemon Balm slightly further behind, although whilst Valerian Root may be great for people with very very mild sleep issues but if. You're going out of your way to search for something to help with sleep I can't see it being strong enough to make a difference.m

Java has been a life's me dog mr and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone suffering from sleep disorders (in a research paper it has been recorded of the possibility of a slight risk of liver injury conducted in studies. However is particular study was later found to have been oerifmred under less than idea, conditions with more recent research showing no negative effects on the liver from Kava in Lerwick healthy individuals.

If someone reads this and decided to give it a go I'd be over the moon - you can't put a price on a satisfactory duration and quality sleep, particularly since we all know that when we sleep better, our productivity. Focus and energy are all able to function st a highly desirable level. Since it has such a short duration, I've never woken up in the morning feeling sluggish or having to almost drag myself out of bed - I feel referenced and ready to start the day with the additional energy I've been seeking to obtain for quit e some time now.

I feel like such a shill because I'm giving this what might comes across as such a good review zI can see why it would arouse suspicion in some members, but there are numberous well-respected Kava vendors who take pride in livening a high quality product to every customer. Once I hit 50 posts anyone is welcome to message me for the best vendors to look out for, but I will include several as like I said, I, not here just to shill for any one particular site, I'm posting to promote a wonderful sleeping supplement that has benefitted my life and I really hope it can benefit yours too, whoever you are Smile
(01-22-2018, 01:52 AM)zebra1922 Wrote: Well, as the title says what have you experienced as good sleeping pills?

I'm typing this at 2am on another sleepless night (Tramadol is great for pain but keeps me awake).  Zolpidem  (7.5mg) work well for me but I don't always have access and they tend to leave me dull most of the morning.  Any other ideas?

I am reading this at 2 in the morning Tramadol is great for the pain but annoyingly keeps me awake to here's what I usually do apart from today......I had lowered my usage of it to a maximum of 4 a day 2 when I get up and 2 at midday my evening dose of painkiller should i need it is usually cocodamol 30/500 by the time bedd time comes around im usually ok. Other than that the non addictive remedy that works for me would be 25mg Promethazine available over the counter in UK
Or more addictive non long term answer would be a benzodiazepine like Temazepam or flurazepam etizolam is a good sleeper aswell if you can get hold of it.
Hope this helps anyway mate.
If you have problem to stay sleep, Trazodone 100mg can be the answer. Also, you should take it and go to sleep, it have like a "window " , if you don't use that , it will have the opposite effect

Also, I like to use different meds, cause If I use always the same, tolerance build up.
(02-05-2018, 03:44 AM)relaxme Wrote: If you have problem to stay sleep, Trazodone 100mg can be the answer. Also, you should take it and go to sleep, it have like a "window "  , if you don't use that , it will have the opposite effect

Also, I like to use different meds, cause If I use always the same, tolerance build up.

i totally agree, switching it up always works best for me. and variety is key ?
(02-05-2018, 02:16 AM)blandy Wrote: I am reading this at 2 in the morning Tramadol is great for the pain but annoyingly keeps me awake to here's what I usually do apart from today......I had lowered my usage of it to a maximum of 4 a day 2 when I get up and 2 at midday my evening dose of painkiller should i need it is usually cocodamol 30/500 by the time bedd time comes around im usually ok. Other than that the non addictive remedy that works for me would be 25mg Promethazine available over the counter in UK
Or more addictive non long term answer would be a benzodiazepine like Temazepam or flurazepam etizolam is a good sleeper aswell if you can get hold of it.
Hope this helps anyway mate.
This is a great help brandy, I think Tramadol is a big part of my problem, I still keep getting my timings wrong when I take it, ends up too late and not matter how exhausted I am, no sleep.  Zopiclone works but a rather blunt instrument, I'll have a go at Promethazine and see how that goes.

How would you say Temazepam compared to say zopiclone  for insomnia? I've s small supply go both for one testing. Ive never really though of benzos as sleep aads.
Are you a coffee drinker?

For something OTC I would recommend melatonin. Most of the dosages vary around 5 MG which is way too high. The lower you take the better it is for you! It was scientifically proven : http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine...ting-sleep

For something prescription based I would recommend ambien. Just don't try to stay up on it!
(02-06-2018, 03:37 AM)wolverine719 Wrote: Are you a coffee drinker?

For something OTC I would recommend melatonin. Most of the dosages vary around 5 MG which is way too high. The lower you take the better it is for you! It was scientifically proven : http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine...ting-sleep

For something prescription based I would recommend ambien. Just don't try to stay up on it!

I second that. Also, there is a slow release version of Ambien that should do the thing better than normal and with a lower dose.
There are a lot of great suggestions so far in this thread. I've heard great things about melatonin. Can't sleep without it. Ambien works wonders for most people but unfortunately I start hallucinating on 5mg alone and also get a rapid pulse. I've heard good things about h@lciiiooon and I've tried tem but those can mess up your sleep cycle for an extremely long time when used for longer than a couple weeks.
And, we do have an Insomnia Thread: http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=103
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel