Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sad but enjoyable weekend
Attended a funeral today for a close friend that I hadn't seen in a short while.  Just wanted to say god bless him on this forum as he died too young at 38.  Regardless of how he passed, the shitty thing is that the mother of his 7 year old daughter is so estranged from his side of his father's family that the mother refused to even allow his only daughter to attend the ceremony.  Not asking for sympathy.  Just wanted to share with anyone who may be going through some other trauma, like ladybug with her husband.  I know it's not exactly like her situation, but I wanted to say that trauma is never solo and we on this forum are here for each other in addition to honoring my friend along with ladybug's husband.  God bless her husband and my friend. Heart 

What makes me angry is that I know the law and I know the ex is going to try to take advantage of the situation.  Just wanted to share.

On a brighter note, this was one of his favorite songs.

I hear ya masterthief.
Thank you guys.  It was a good to see people I hadn't seen in a decent clip but it sucks under the circumstances.  Perhaps I should have posted this in the family and relationships section, but I wanted to share.  Thank you to everyone on this forum for allowing me to do that and get this off my chest.
masterthief that is perfectly fine to do.

It might be able to be moved, the thread, but it does not matter so much, it is good to share and I have done same thing before .

I had a friend pass suddenly that I had not seen in a long time and I was so glad to talk about it some on here so I think I understand.

How are you feeling about seeing all them ?

Were they friendly to you?

Dont have to answer unless you feel like it, ya know.
Everyone was great which is what made it bittersweet.  The ex and the deceased were very estranged, to the point where neither the ex or their daughter attended.  A 7 year old girl did not get to say goodbye to her father because two adults didn't get along and the mother refused to have any part in the ceremony or even in attending with his daughter because she hated him so much for no major reasons other than two adults who simply don't get along.  He wasn't abusive in any way or anything to justify her actions, at least in my opinion.  The daughter should have come first.  Heartbreaking.  But everyone that made it that were his friends throughout the years were there and we enjoyed the reunion of sorts.
I am so sorry for your loss and the situation with the ex not attending the funeral.  

I went to my ex-husband’s funeral with my children even though I still had conflicts with him. I went for my children’s sake, but they were older. I would have went anyway because we had 10 years of marriage and I had forgiven him.
oh that is sad masterthief, the daughter not getting to attend the wake and all of her dad.
just too sad.
I am glad that you were told and got to go even though it was like you say bittersweet.
Thank you everyone.  That's why I love it here.
Hi masterthief - we haven't *met* yet but welcome. I hate when people put children in the middle. I have a niece who was married to a drug addict and he treated her very badly. He did however love their son and even though he treated my niece horribly, she never bad-mouthed him to the boy and when he died in a car accident while driving under the influence one too many times - my niece still let the boy cherish his dad & the memories he had of his dad. I wish more people could be like that. My condolences on the loss of your friend.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain