Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don't Talk...
Damn Charon.  That's horrible.

One more thing to add, C0ps only have the amount of time to retain you in civil violation circumstances to "complete the stop."  In other words, if they pull you over for having a broken tail light, they can only retain you long enough to write the violation.  They cannot artificially extend the stop to get a search @nimal brought to the stop.  The @animal must arrive in the reasonable time it takes to handle the original infraction.  If they hold you longer and you can prove it (not hard), that will usually be fruit of the poisonous tree and not admissible as evidence against you.  But it's amazing how many times the "c0ntraband" is "visible" to a PO when you are pulled over, thus giving probable cause.  Also, they are only allowed to search through items that may contain that c0ntraband.  In other words, if they see a huge item, and then a small container of makeup in the trunk that could not possibly contain what they were looking for, they cannot search that container and find "oh, look at this new thing!."
(02-26-2018, 03:22 AM)Xfizzler Wrote: Yeah pretty tricky. It all depends on the cop you get and weather you both share good chemistry. In the past I just stay calm and treat them with respect. Hope for the best.  Hope all is well.

This has worked for me as well.. but maybe i've just been using up my nine lives!  Wink
Never say anything.  You will never talk your way out. This is about the best video on the subject I have ever seen. It's long but worth it
K,
  I actually have no real love of LE.
Have not had any real good experiences myself. But then I have only dealt with traffic and domestic encounters and small BE.

My take on the whole don't talk is as shmok and others have  suggested. ie Be polite, but do answer those critical questions eg. name/ID/, what you doing etc. and things go well.

Don't respond, and you are probably in a whole lot heap of crap. Nothing pisses them off more than if you do not respond to basic questions.

They have the upper hand unless you have witness or phone video.  << even then they tell you to turn it off >>

Be a jerk and you get the full court press << night time, and no one around except you and them?? - think about it >>----- at least that's my experience.

Folken
This is why I now have and use my go-pro on the dashboard every time I drive. For potential road rage incidents, car accidents (knocking on wood), and...LE.
The LE in my area do whatever they want anyway ,  I got pulled over 11:30 at night and when I asked the cop why he said because of a tail light out ,car was just inspected I told him as we walked back to see it ,,guess what all lights are working  ? He said his mistake have a good night ...good thing I wasn't Exclamation  drinking that night ...
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Be polite. Answer basic questions or they get really suspicious.

Know when to be silent and ask for an attorney.

But i do watch legal cases all day. In background. If you get stopped, LE will do anything to look inside the vehicle. And if u watch them do stops and often arrests, they are now asking the driver: Is it possible that a joint was ever in this vehicle? Or a pill? And the driver will say: I don't know the people whom sold car to me last month. Cop says: so its possible? Driver goes on: No. Vacuumed and armoralled the vehicle. Then LE will ask: is it possible that one of your friends ever had a mmj stick in this vehicle? And driver usually answeers: I don't know. None of my friends smoke or use meds. Cop says: But it is possible? If and when driver thinks he has right answer, driver says: I guess it could be possible that once a J was in here.

Boom. The LEO just got the right to search the vehicle. They pressure the driver until he says: it could have been possible. once. not with me. And officer will demand rite to search car, cuz nothing to hide driver, rite? Or he impounds it. And darned if many dont find an old old used J in the trunk or such.

Not saying this was the legal way in olden days. But i see this on shows wherein LEO arrest people and impound cars cuz of a tailight out. Or not.

But I hated hearing them keep asking: is there any possibility anyone evr had a joint in this vehicle? when driver says its possible, its all over now baby blue.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

The same issue with drinking and driving as Charon outlined for mj.

If you get pulled over for something like a light out or speeding; and as part of the conversation LE asks 'Have you been drinking?'....and you say yeah, I had a few beers a couple hours ago...……….you are toast.

They will dig in further and could ask you to blow or ask you to step out for further inspection.

Always say NO.  < course if you reek of alcohol or got an open container---it ain't gunna work >>

I have always said NO and had no problem.

First rule--- Be polite...… <<< remember Sandra Bland in Texas >> .........….died in jail after refusing to get out of her car when asked.

Folken
(02-20-2019, 08:19 PM)Charon Wrote: Be polite. Answer basic questions or they get really suspicious.

Know when to be silent and ask for an attorney.

But i do watch legal cases all day.  In background.  If you get stopped, LE will do anything to look inside the vehicle.  And if u watch them do stops and often arrests, they are now asking the driver:  Is it possible that a joint was ever in this vehicle?  Or a pill?  And the driver will say:  I don't know the people whom sold car to me last month.  Cop says: so its possible?  Driver goes on:  No.  Vacuumed and armoralled the vehicle.  Then LE will ask: is it possible that one of your friends ever had a mmj stick in this vehicle?  And driver usually answeers:  I don't know. None of my friends smoke or use meds.  Cop says:  But it is possible?  If and when driver thinks he has right answer, driver says: I guess it could be possible that once a J was in here.

Boom.  The LEO just got the right to search the vehicle. They pressure the driver until he says: it could have been possible. once. not with me.  And officer will demand rite to search car, cuz nothing to hide driver, rite? Or he impounds it.  And darned if many dont find an old old used J in the trunk or such.

Not saying this was the legal way in olden days.  But i see this on shows wherein LEO arrest people and impound cars cuz of a tailight out.  Or not.

But I hated hearing them keep asking: is there any possibility anyone evr had a joint in this vehicle? when driver says its possible, its all over now baby blue.
Yes yes Charon I was very polite he was carting a very big weapon ,who knows he could of been having a bad night and taken it out on me.
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Whats it come to when the police who are there to protect the countrys citizens, make those citizens more scared of the cops than they do of criminals ? Thank god ours dont all carry guns, give it time tho. As others have said, say the least you need to, never say someone could have had a jay years ago in your car or house as thats them given the green light to do what they want to you, it could ruin your life, they like to do that kind of thing, cops are basically the same all over, never off duty, dont be fooled by cops friendly chat chit either, theyre always fishing for a way in.
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation