Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But the meds don't work...
For me the only meds that help are benzo's but only for short term use Smile
Different SSRIs/antidepressants have different efficacy and different degree of side effects with each patient, depending on many different factors. Many people need to switch one or two times to find one that works with few/tolerable side effects. Often people need more than one antidepressant (should be from a different class, not two SSRI's). So find what works for you.
Zoloft made me feel like I did not care about anything and did not want to do anything. Terrible.
Did well with citalopram but had to d/c for a side effect (QTc prolongation - EKG abnormality) eventually.
I have tried about 7 different antidepressants.  Currently on trintellix at a low dose and doing well, as well as other adjunctive medications.
I’m too scared to try SSRI’s after seeing friends struggle with them, having doctors switching from one type to another, only to end up even more depressed in the end.
(05-02-2019, 01:25 AM)seeker47 Wrote: I’m too scared to try SSRI’s after seeing friends struggle with them, having doctors switching from one type to another, only to end up even more depressed in the end.
Unfortunately that does indeed happen. I have had so many meds thrown at me it’s only when you find a truly special psychiatrist that things start to work.