Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Scale
Hey all Smile

I was browsing various sites to try and find a widely used test that could accurately define the overall well-being of an individual undergoing benzodiazepine withdrawal - so without further ado, here it is!

http://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/co...cf-looayGm

For anyone currently in recovery, hopefully this will be a useful resource to track the status of your withdrawal symptoms. Recovery is rarely a linear affair, and as such many of us it isn't unusual to feel normal one day and terrible the next. With this in mind, it may be helpful to use this assessment scale on a weekly or even monthly basis. Withdrawal is often a long, arduous process and being able to see that symptoms are decreasing in frequency and severity over time has the potential to reward individuals with a sense of pride that their efforts at maintaining recovery are paying off. 

I understand that the manner in which the page is set out isn't perfect, so if it suits anyone interested in using it, perhaps an alternative option could be to either write out the scale yourself or print the page out and fill it in that way.

Hopefully this is helpful for someone! Smile
Fantastic resource, thank you Glousck.
Somewhat ironic that this document for b3nzo withdrawal comes from South Australia - the state of Australia which has the reputation of having the highest levels of m3th use (according to metabolites measured in their sewerage).   Oh well - at least their on the right path with the b@nzos!
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
A very interesting read Glousk! I'm currently working on getting free of diazepam and I've gotten down pretty low. It's these last 15 mgs at night I can't shake yet. It really does help to keep track of your progress, just to help reinforce your mindset that you are accomplishing something. Especially on the bad days.

And Richard what you said maid me laugh out loud lol
Thanks Glousck! I think this will be very helpful for a lot of us going through withdrawal, I myself note down my symptoms daily but after a while you realize they are part of withdrawal and avoid panic.

Also to remember that there are a load of other symptoms that are part of withdrawal.
May I post a link to the Ashton Manuals list of withdrawal symptoms to expect, now not everyone will experience all of them. I'ts just something to watch out for and not be alarmed-

hxxps://www.benzo dot org dot uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#4

I will take a look where a saw a list of things you can do to minimize the severity of some of them and post another link

All the best!

Yikes Metabolites of m3th in sewage yuk!
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
(04-21-2018, 08:40 PM)Denman66 Wrote: A very interesting read Glousk! I'm currently working on getting free of diazepam and I've gotten down pretty low. It's these last 15 mgs at night I can't shake yet. It really does help to keep track of your progress, just to help reinforce your mindset that you are accomplishing something. Especially on the bad days.

And Richard what you said maid me laugh out loud lol

15 mg of Valium isn’t an insurmountable dose to get off. I have been on so much more at points in my life and I’m proudly benzo free now. Were you previously able to sleep naturally without benzos and started taking benzos for daytime anxiety or did you take the benzos cause you couldn’t sleep?