Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xanax versus hydroxyzine
(12-21-2018, 02:22 PM)andybones Wrote: DanG! hydr0ox was offered to me on top of my other scripts. Ser0quel works well for me for sleep, lower doses put me out more than higher. I took the hyd0x for a month and felt literally nothing, so stopped taking it. Compared to 2mg kplns a day, it was just nothing. tossed most of them, honestly.
very sorry your dr did that. id understand dropping the dose, but replacing X@n for hydr0x?? crazy.

Do you actually feel the serequel kick in? It’s weird, I felt nothing from that med no matter what dose I took? I think only the first night I tried it did I feel anything at all.
Bad transition. Find a doc that will get you off alp (if you desire) using a Val taper. Done it myself before. Now I regularly rotate. If you find a doc without benzophobia then this is an easy switch. IMO clons are also a nice ‘bridge’ for reducing alp dose but I still feel the wide spectrum of effects from vals make them a better overall transition.

Everyone has their own preference but if going the ‘find a doc’ route, the most important piece is clearing the air immediately about benzo scribing so you don’t waste your time. I wish the nature of these initial ‘doc screens’ could take place over the phone but alas, then you fit their description of a drug seeker. Which isn’t incorrect! Just the presumption of your intent.
(12-23-2018, 06:12 PM)thepianist Wrote: Bad transition.  Find a doc that will get you off alp (if you desire) using a Val taper.  Done it myself before.  Now I regularly rotate.  If you find a doc without benzophobia then this is an easy switch.  IMO clons are also a nice ‘bridge’ for reducing alp dose but I still feel the wide spectrum of effects from vals make them a better overall transition.

Everyone has their own preference but if going the ‘find a doc’ route, the most important piece is clearing the air immediately about benzo scribing so you don’t waste your time.  I wish the nature of these initial ‘doc screens’ could take place over the phone but alas, then you fit their description of a drug seeker.  Which isn’t incorrect!  Just the presumption of your intent.

And the worst thing is that the initial consult for a psychiatrist is so expensive. So you can pay an exorbitant amount and end up completely out of luck.
(12-23-2018, 01:49 AM)Wannabenormal18 Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 02:22 PM)andybones Wrote: DanG! hydr0ox was offered to me on top of my other scripts. Ser0quel works well for me for sleep, lower doses put me out more than higher. I took the hyd0x for a month and felt literally nothing, so stopped taking it. Compared to 2mg kplns a day, it was just nothing. tossed most of them, honestly.
very sorry your dr did that. id understand dropping the dose, but replacing X@n for hydr0x?? crazy.

Do you actually feel the serequel kick in? It’s weird, I felt nothing from that med no matter what dose I took? I think only the first night I tried it did I feel anything at all.

Oh yes, very highly so. I need to make sure I am in bed when I take the pill. If not, I risk falling asleep on couch, or worse.. couch and food, like ice cream (has happened wayyy too many times!)
I started on 50mg and am on a higher 100-20mg dose depending on how I am feeling,, less can be more with it.

they also offer in the Xr version, although, may not be any generic, so could get pricey.

typically takes 1 hr to kick in, and at that point i lay all the way down and am soon fast asleep.
I get a little bit of a hangover-ish feeling when taking too much.
not for everyone, but honestly.. what med is, right?
(12-26-2018, 12:34 AM)Wannabenormal18 Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 06:12 PM)thepianist Wrote: Bad transition.  Find a doc that will get you off alp (if you desire) using a Val taper.  Done it myself before.  Now I regularly rotate.  If you find a doc without benzophobia then this is an easy switch.  IMO clons are also a nice ‘bridge’ for reducing alp dose but I still feel the wide spectrum of effects from vals make them a better overall transition.

Everyone has their own preference but if going the ‘find a doc’ route, the most important piece is clearing the air immediately about benzo scribing so you don’t waste your time.  I wish the nature of these initial ‘doc screens’ could take place over the phone but alas, then you fit their description of a drug seeker.  Which isn’t incorrect!  Just the presumption of your intent.

And the worst thing is that the initial consult for a psychiatrist is so expensive. So you can pay an exorbitant amount and end up completely out of luck.

Lol exactly.  I spent a couple years trying the ‘right’ route only to end up with a cabinet of ineffective garbage imo and an empty wallet.
(12-26-2018, 12:34 AM)Wannabenormal18 Wrote:

Lol exactly.  I spent a couple years trying the ‘right’ route only to end up with a cabinet of ineffective garbage imo and an empty wallet.
antihistamine- thought that name didnt ring any b4nzo bells, its like getting OTC that stuff is basically over the counter say you have sniffles during spring and have as many as you want, the first to respond to OP was correct in EU scheduling doesnt really work that way person could get class a b but theres no DEA crouching on their a$$es to question their decisions. That said docs here are a bit more educated and wont hand out pain or other meds like its done in US for every pull of a muscle situation - thus creates really hard situations to get needed meds given they wont prescribe because they know how bad they are in the first place long term.

thou if docs are forced to save their a$$es by cutting patients off they at least should point the issue of long term use and that people need to be veaned off slowly, as past few weeks that leaflet is useless where is says some discomfort for few days as reality is its way worse yet Docs seem to ignore it. As others posted shop around for doc who understand what their doing.
I have been prescribed both Xanax and hydroxyzine for my anxiety and panic disorders. IMO hydroxyzine is totally ineffective for anxiety but it definitely does a great job as an antihistamine. If you have uncontrollable itching hydroxyzine may be a good choice. Xanax is the preferred medication for anxiety over the two hands down.
I had to look this one up but I was prescribed this for anxiety years ago and it did nothing for me. It made me a bit tired but did nothing for my anxiety. My current doc tries to push this on me every visit. I only remembered it by the brand name.

This works about the same for me as Benadryl and from what I just looked up it really isn't much different. It does work well as an antihistamine.