Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tev@ discontinues generic Kl0nopin
(12-20-2018, 11:34 PM)Wannabenormal18 Wrote: From my experience, you will need 20mg of Valium to do what 1mg Of klonopin will do. That’s my experience and I have used them all. Actually even 20 mg of Valium wouldn’t exactly feel like that because klonopin just has a way of totally removing anxiety where Valium doesn’t. Valium dulls it whole klonopin removes is. Klonopin is a high affinity benzo.

Do you know how many mg of Ativan it would take? The same dose of it doesn't do sh*t for me.  Huh

Nevermind... I just found this nifty little calculator online.

https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/
(12-17-2019, 02:38 AM)Lavender Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 11:34 PM)Wannabenormal18 Wrote: From my experience, you will need 20mg of Valium to do what 1mg Of klonopin will do. That’s my experience and I have used them all. Actually even 20 mg of Valium wouldn’t exactly feel like that because klonopin just has a way of totally removing anxiety where Valium doesn’t. Valium dulls it whole klonopin removes is. Klonopin is a high affinity benzo.

Do you know how many mg of Ativan it would take? The same dose of it doesn't do sh*t for me.  Huh

Nevermind... I just found this nifty little calculator online.
nice. thanks for the calc lavender !!

https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/
I’ve still been able to get them from my pharm for months even Jan/Feb.. maybe they had a leftover supply? Ive always had green Teva brand. This is so sad to hear, they are the best. Keeping fingers crossed when I get my fill next week they will still have more left after reading this.
(03-07-2020, 05:27 PM)BeReel1010 Wrote: I’ve still been able to get them from my pharm for months even Jan/Feb.. maybe they had a leftover supply? Ive always had green Teva brand. This is so sad to hear, they are the best. Keeping fingers crossed when I get my fill next week they will still have more left after reading this.
There is still a giant supply up and around the states. I'd imagine people are still getting prescriptions for it...up untill the local supplier for that pharmacy runs out and has to switch to an alternative. Pretty much what my momma is gonna have to go through.
It's one thing if production has stopped but another if its pulled from shelfs... Dodgy
"There's no place like home.”
(03-08-2020, 05:29 AM)BeReel1010 Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 01:55 AM)aforgeu Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 05:27 PM)BeReel1010 Wrote: I’ve still been able to get them from my pharm for months even Jan/Feb.. maybe they had a leftover supply? Ive always had green Teva brand. This is so sad to hear, they are the best. Keeping fingers crossed when I get my fill next week they will still have more left after reading this.
There is still a giant supply up and around the states. I'd imagine people are still getting prescriptions for it...up untill the local supplier for that pharmacy runs out and has to switch to an alternative. Pretty much what my momma is gonna have to go through.
It's one thing if production has stopped but another if its pulled from shelfs... Dodgy
Yeah that’s what I figured, it’s going to be hard for sure when they’re really out of supply. I’ve had them for while now, I don’t get as many as I would if I went back to z@ns so now I’m thinking maybe good idea to switch before I get stuck with generic. Someone else said that teva bought the new generic- if that’s the case they are prob making them lesser bc even my doc lowered my qty due to do to recent pressure & reason was bc they stay in your system longer and may cause addiction etc etc. I was not happy to say the least but dealt.
Great oogley moogley. So...they are thinking of switching you to something that has HIGHER potential for abuse and mainly tolerance increase..?that's insane reason #1 being, it doesn't last very long, I found my self consistently Increasing my dosage after tiny daily doses were beginning to be not enough. So I tampered down with good ole jane...anyways it's a good short term med/occasionally/panic attacks ect. But for long term.. it's not a viable solution, even in a doctors perspective its shouldn't be..
"There's no place like home.”
I've noticed this myself but I am currently taking Valium (teva) around 16mgs daily and when I went to get my refills they tried to give me some other brand I've never heard of and I refused them considering i still had around 5 or 6 days worth left of meds from the previous month so I was basically forced to switch pharmacies at that point in order to get the manufacturer I was accustomed too! I too am pretty sensitive when it comes to my meds and the manufacturer with that being said when I went to get my most recent one filled(new pharmacy) they in fact gave me Tevas for my 2mgs and something completely different for my 5mgs since I take 16mg/day and am on a taper I require both the 2mg and the 5mg. But now since I had already switched pharmacies(which there's only 2 in the small town I live in anyways) I was told that I couldn't switch back to any other pharmacy cause I had already switched once and if you take a medication that is controlled or say a controlled substance you can only switch pharmacies one time! So with all that being said I was stuck with these 5mgs tablets that I had never taken from such manufacturer but by the grace of god I researched them and they came back as actually the name brand which was made by Watson and they worked better than the Tevas did! So Thank God for that because I had nowhere else to turn too and now I'm thinking about requesting this manufacturer from here on out! So to anyone out there dont loose hope if your having the same issue with getting that one manufacturer that your so accustomed too and mabey almost scared or afraid of trying another manufacturer (atleast I was), do some research and if all sounds ok give it try and hopefully god willing you will find another that works just as good for you as it did for me!?
I have been told it is all about half life with Klonapin being near the longest and ativan shorter, valium stronger but fairly long and alprazolam of course
the shortest. This was told to me by a pharmacologist friend of mine who was quite enlightened who said basically that benzodiazapams were not nearly as addictive or dangerous as the
barbiturates that were widely used in the 1950s and 60's?
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile