Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Safety, discontinuing benzos
Im reposting this information because I want people to be safe,  and not have seizures.   Ive seen too several people abruptly stop and flop like a fish out of water seizing up so please read this.....
There is a drug called Librax  is (Brand name) generic name is (chlordiazepoxide and clidinium bromide).  Prescribed for stomach discomforts but can be used as a tapering tool for benzodiazepines discontinuation and withdrawl symptoms.   It contains a small amount of Chlordiazepoxide aka Librium one of the first benzos synthesized.....In very small amounts.  The amount of chlorodiazepoxide or Librium are so small that DEA and other authorities have classafied it as a non-controlled drug, but believe me it makes an impact and could very well be the bridge some people need to help them ween off.

Stay safe
Yes. This medication is absolutely one that is helpful. I think inderal is even more helpful. To stop the physical withdrawals in their tracks is so important and inderall did that for me. I would suggest people experiment to see which one makes their withdrawal easier
Awesome helpful thread
My local hospital weans you off using Librium. It's hard to find, but not for my dad ...His Doc prescribed for it him....so he was between a rock and a hard place...as they say.

My advice for what it's worth...make sure you're in safe place.
Wonder if theres Librax available in the UK, i know there is librium, so its the same thing? Dont know how its classed here, controlled or not controlled?
Its about time my gp offered something like that to help, might also help with my stomach problems.
Not heard of Inderall, dont know if available in the UK ? Might be called something else here.
Need to check if it is available, is it an otc med or prescription only over the pond ?
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
(05-18-2019, 05:55 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Wonder if theres Librax available in the UK, i know there is librium, so its the same thing? Dont know how its classed here, controlled or not controlled?
Its about time my gp offered something like that to help, might also help with my stomach problems.
Not heard of Inderall, dont know if available in the UK ? Might be called something else here.
Need to check if it is available, is it an otc med or prescription only over the pond ?

Propranolol is inderall. It’s deff available in the uk. It’s a very common medicine.
Yep Propranolol available on prescription in UK,,thanks.
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
(06-12-2019, 02:36 PM)sls642 Wrote: I believe that Valium is widely used for tapering. Problem is, many docs in US won't prescribe it. Very different view outside the US. I was told by one doc that it had to do with that rolling Stone's song, "Mother's Little Helper". Don't know if this is true, just what I was told.

Tapering failed me every time. It was only when I was given meds to counteract the withdrawals that I was able to kick the benzos. It may be different for other people but I know that tapering fails for many people as well. It’s just so hard at the end of a taper.
Thanks Chris5555, good to know.
“When they said, repent, I wonder what they meant.” - Leonard Cohen RIP
I agree that this is very helpful information. I wanted to chime in and say that clonidine seems to help me when I am low on benzos, especially for sleep (it knocks me out!) I just have to be careful because it lowers BP and I already have low BP to begin with!