Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ketamine for depression
I always feel a mood lift the days after doing some ket. So excited to be tasting some more soon. It’s been so long and stress levels have been out of control lately.
Ket can have psych3delic effects (hallucinati0ns.) There is now evidence that in the hands of a trained therapist, psych3delics can have amazing effects on anxiety and depression. There has also been another psych3delic -- I forget the name -- that is now used in-patient for port-partum depression. Research on other psych3delic is ongoing and looks great. I suspect psych3delic treatment will mostly be done on an in-patient basis, though.

There is a new book on psych3delics by a best-selling author. I will try to find out the book's name.
Trying to get Spr@vat0 covered by insurance has been impossible.

I know of a tel@d0c but he is pretty pricey. This seems to be the biggest complaint.
I heard they started doing ketamine infusions here, I know a few people that have done it but unfortunately didn't get any results. I used it for my fractured nose and busted up leg and for some reason it gave me anxiety, I guess I don't react well to it? (Was a low dose)
I have a friend who has used K for anti-depression purposes. She told me she found that higher doses allowed for more introspection (I am not recommending this, please be cautious). Her experience was intriguing and she does seem happier than before she started her “treatment”. But if it were me I might try other avenues before this method. Just my 2 cents!
-DD
Ket works really well for depression short term in high doses but i am not so sure about its effects on using it long term for depression.
I have used it just to get into the K-hole on various occasions and for the following day my depression was gone but then it returned the day after.
In regards to using it in small amounts for long term use for depression i don`t think it would be a very good idea because it ruins the inner lining of your bladder and eats away at it like acid. Just watch a few docs on people that have used it long term and they are now pissing blood or using a catheter just to piss. It would be great if they could do some better studies on using it short term to cure depression but another problem with K is that you build an immunity to it so fast that i just can`t see how it would work unless it was just used weekly to avoid the immunity build up.
I recently was fortunate enough to start a Ket therapy program. I am through my first few guided experiences. I have to say the results are amazing. It blew out the cob webs and I am thinking much more clearly. My creativity is returning and so are emotional responses to things like music.

I felt completely stuck before. None of my coping tools were working. This therapy has breathed new life into me and I am grateful for that.
Ive been researching and reading case studies. There seem to be different versions of it. The big pharma nasal spray uses the esket version whereas some compunding pharmacies make the spray with the racemic version r and s. Apparently, there are some big differences in how they affect people and there are some pros and cons to each. IVs typically use the recemic version. Idk..it really is fascinating. It is awesome that they are open to the therapeutic value of some of these substances that have in the past had a negative stereotype
I know in my state I have started to see ads for the nasal treatment from clinics that specialize in adult ADD, anxiety, and work burnout types of specialties. They appear to be legit clinics with MD's and you had to give records and insurance info and such. At least at face value it would appear there is growing support for trying it as part of a protocol.
There is more acceptance of this type of treatment as of late. Multiple clinics etc in my area. A close friend of mine started clinic treatment, been a lifesaver for treatment resistant depression and PTSD. I guess its affects everyone differently, but they can change dosage fairly easily based on your weight. I saw somewhere they are looking at it as an addiction treatment addition as well.