Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ketamine for depression
I have had legitimate Doctors now say it might work... I really wonder how effective it actually is cause I know I could use the help it seems to provide!
About 10 to 15 years ago I got my hands on a bottle and left it out overnight
on a plate and the next day I had my pile of p0wd3r. I would do tiny bumps 
throughout a couple of days. It was truly amazing how helpful it was with
my anxiety and depression. Got such relief from my depression that lasted
a while. There are plenty of places that will do it legally for you, you meet with
a therapist and then they will send you some and you take it as directed and
meet with the therapist. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, even
with clinics that do it, however it’s very expensive and many insurances don’t
cover it.
Peace and love. Coffeelover
Yea I would certainly love to give it a try for anxiety and depression.. I could only image what the out of pocket expense is..
(03-22-2023, 09:54 PM)German23 Wrote: Yea I would certainly love to give it a try for anxiety and depression.. I could only image what the out of pocket expense is..

I know in my area they wanted 1000 bux for the treatment. So yes very expensive and it’s such a
little amount, and it’s not the exact same as getting from vet, it’s tweaked where it’s missing like
2 sub$tanc3s that are in the vet but not from a clinic, at least that’s my understanding of it.
Peace and love. Coffeelover
I have wanted to try this but the idea of being stuck in my body is scary- I have never done K but have heard of the k-h0les, kinda scary- even in a controlled environment
I’ve tried everything , from SSRIs to SNRIs, buspar, Wellbutrin, newer forms of older meds, antipsychotics for mood.  Nothing ever seemed to tackle my social anxiety and MDD.  I had one of those $400 genomind studies done that showed that a lot of meds wouldn’t work for me anyway.  My next step was transcranscranial magnetic stimulation.  No luck.  I became desperate and underwent ECT…worst decision for me EVER!!!  The doctor did an exorbitant amount of sessions (38) that later psychiatrists would go one to say that I was used as a “guinea pig.”  I lost years of memories, and I was just as depressed.  Scouring the web, I found a video called “Ketamine saved me”. She’d gone through ECT just as I did, with similar results.  The ketamine infusions brought her back.  It DOES work, but it’s expensive if you’re looking into transfusions.  Prohibitively expensive for most, as I don’t think it’s FDA approved.  Nasal ketamine in the form of Spravato IS approved, but if this is still the case, you have to take it to a doctor to administer it under supervision.  Old school psychiatrists will also compound ketamine nasal sprays or sublingual troches.  You’ll need to find a compounding pharmacy with the skill to do so (and more and more are becoming familiar with it.  You’ll have to pay full price for the meds, at around $80-$100 for compounding in my experience, but administration is unsupervised at home.

(03-28-2023, 01:26 AM)Coffeelover Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 09:54 PM)German23 Wrote: Yea I would certainly love to give it a try for anxiety and depression.. I could only image what the out of pocket expense is..

I know in my area they wanted 1000 bux for the treatment. So yes very expensive and it’s such a
little amount, and it’s not the exact same as getting from vet, it’s tweaked where it’s missing like
2 sub$tanc3s that are in the vet but not from a clinic, at least that’s my understanding of it.
I don’t think they use NEARLY enough to put you in any kind of scary “k-hole” trip!  I’m a rapid metabolizer and my doc says I take the largest dose of anyone he’s seen, and I’m up and standing at the end of infusions and recover quickly.  Your dose will be titrated based on how you handled your last exposure to it.  It’s really worth a go!
Has anyone tried low dose dxm? There was supposed to be this study which they never posted results for: >https://classic.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04226352
All the local medi spas offer it. My two adult kids suffer horribly from depression and anxiety. The older one has been on some antidepressant since they were 13. She called yesterday crying she was so depressed. They say ketamine is a miracle. Some folks have nothing to lose . I’d wish she’d try it!
(06-04-2023, 03:53 AM)MrMaddox Wrote: I’ve tried everything , from SSRIs to SNRIs, buspar, Wellbutrin, newer forms of older meds, antipsychotics for mood.  Nothing ever seemed to tackle my social anxiety and MDD.  I had one of those $400 genomind studies done that showed that a lot of meds wouldn’t work for me anyway.  My next step was transcranscranial magnetic stimulation.  No luck.  I became desperate and underwent ECT…worst decision for me EVER!!!  The doctor did an exorbitant amount of sessions (38) that later psychiatrists would go one to say that I was used as a “guinea pig.”  I lost years of memories, and I was just as depressed.  Scouring the web, I found a video called “Ketamine saved me”. She’d gone through ECT just as I did, with similar results.  The ketamine infusions brought her back.  It DOES work, but it’s expensive if you’re looking into transfusions.  Prohibitively expensive for most, as I don’t think it’s FDA approved.  Nasal ketamine in the form of Spravato IS approved, but if this is still the case, you have to take it to a doctor to administer it under supervision.  Old school psychiatrists will also compound ketamine nasal sprays or sublingual troches.  You’ll need to find a compounding pharmacy with the skill to do so (and more and more are becoming familiar with it.  You’ll have to pay full price for the meds, at around $80-$100 for compounding in my experience, but administration is unsupervised at home.

(03-28-2023, 01:26 AM)Coffeelover Wrote:

I don’t think they use NEARLY enough to put you in any kind of scary “k-hole” trip!  I’m a rapid metabolizer and my doc says I take the largest dose of anyone he’s seen, and I’m up and standing at the end of infusions and recover quickly.  Your dose will be titrated based on how you handled your last exposure to it.  It’s really worth a go!

Did you every try Clonazepam (Rivotril) for your social anxiety?

Only thing that's ever worked well for me. Considered the gold standard amongst many health professionals for that particular problem.

Back to ket......I know people who used to take this recreationally & had some bad experiences so I would be a bit hesitant to try it for depression Sad
Ket therapy has become wildly popular recently in the state I currently live in and I'm in the south so it's a bit puzzling.