Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Witch hunt: Occult Trump opponents plan Halloween spell to bind him
by Jeffrey Cimmino
| October 18, 2019 12:00 AM

A week before Halloween, opponents of President Trump will gather in the thousands to cast a spell on the administration to prevent the administration from harming the country.

Participants in the ritual, which has been performed regularly since Trump's inauguration, are taking particular encouragement from Democrats' recent launch of an impeachment inquiry, which they see as a sign their efforts are working.

“I’m willing to go on record and say it’s working,” said Michael Hughes, the self-described magical thinker and activist who came up with the ritual.

The spell is crafted “to bind Donald Trump and all those who abet him," and is supposed to be performed during every waning crescent moon until Trump is removed from office.

The ritual calls for the use of an unflattering photo of Trump, a tarot card, a stub of an orange candle, a pin, and a feather. Participants then call on the "heavenly hosts, demons of the infernal realms, and spirits of the ancestors" to bind Trump "so that his malignant works may fail utterly."

Against Hughes’ expectations, the ritual took off, and is still being performed almost three years later, with this month's event likely to draw thousands of participants at small group gatherings and covens, or meetings of witches, around the world.

Hughes told the Washington Examiner the spell went “immediately viral and just completely exploded” after he posted it on Medium, prompting attention from major news outlets. He said he thought any response to Trump’s election “had to have an equal sense of surreality or strangeness to break through the media and social media.”

While he said it is difficult to calculate how many people participated at the first event in 2017, Hughes said it was “definitely in the thousands” and spread “across the world.” He noted that several thousand people continue to participate in the ritual every month.

Hughes considers this spell a way for people to feel reempowered in the wake of the 2016 election.

“Knowing thousands of people are gathering together at the same time from all over the world to do this ritual and to put our beliefs and our desires into sharp focus, and to do that ritualistically, I think that has a really powerful effect,” said Hughes.

Karen Tibbits-Williams, a New Zealand-based witch and paranormal investigator, said the point of the ritual is to prevent Trump and his supporters from causing harm, but the ritual does not specify how that result should be achieved.

“It could happen by creating unity and strength amongst his opponents, it could be brought about by his impeachment and removal from office,” she wrote in an email to the Washington Examiner.

But while the means by which Trump is bound is not clearly defined, Tibbits-Williams is also confident the ritual is working.

“I’ve seen for myself, many times over, the power and effectiveness of magick. My confidence in the power and efficacy of our Binding — and the effect which it is having — is absolute. I don’t ‘believe’ that it works … I know it does,” she said.

Hughes’ spell comes at a time in which witchcraft is on the rise in the United States. From 1990 to 2008, the number of individuals practicing Wicca, a form of witchcraft, increased from about 8,000 to about 340,000. In 2014, the number of Wiccans in the United States may have been as high as 1.5 million, based on a Pew survey.

Hughes said that a desire for a more direct spirituality, is driving the popularity of paganism and witchcraft.

“They’re embracing spiritual paths, spiritual ideas that allow them to be empowered in their spirituality without that middleman,” such as a priest or rabbi, said Hughes.

And Hughes’ ritual is not the only effort to cast a spell on the Trump administration. Last year, a group of witches gathered to perform a hex to cause suffering on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, using effigies of Trump, Kavanaugh, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Father Vincent Lampert, a Roman Catholic priest and the designated exorcist of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, said that Hughes’ ritual and the occult more broadly give an opening to evil in the lives of participants.

“Some of them may be doing it thinking it’s just fun, but they are gambling with evil, and just because their motive is one way doesn’t mean they’re not opening up an entry point for evil in their own life,” Fr. Lampert told the Washington Examiner.

And while more people might be turning to magic and witchcraft to find meaning, Fr. Lampert warned they are dangerous solutions.

“I think evil will present itself as something good, maybe initially to attract people’s attention, to draw people in, but then ultimately people are going to discover it’s all about fracturing their lives,” he said.

Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Well God says witchcraft is an abomination to him. In the end there the ones to burn in hell unless they change there ways. Sounds like a horrible group of people casting spells from demons to destroy others. My take on it is that. But we are free to worship who we want God or Lucifer.
Witches don't believe in Satan or Lucifer, nor do they worship any deity in the sense that Christians and other major religions go about worship. I'm not saying there isn't the occasional Satanist out there, but in my experience they are rather odd individuals and often quite attention seeking. I have some friends who are witches (not specifically Wiccan) and they are some of the kindest and nicest people I know. They don't go about hexing because they believe these things rebound (a bit like karma), so it will come back and bite you. They honour the four ancient elements (fire, water, air, earth) but they don't worship anything or anyone. There's nothing I've ever seen them do that can't be explained in terms of normal human psychology and herbalism.

I appreciate many Christians believe that even "nice witches" have been tricked into serving the devil, but I simply do not see that with my friends (and I come from a very evangelical background). I have seen, or rather felt, real evil. It was to do with Aliester Crowley, whose name I'm not even going to google to check if I've spelt it right. I had a friend who was into Crowley and showed me some films he had influenced that were made by Kenneth Anger. I really felt like my soul was under attack in a way I've never had before or since. Even a few days later I still felt so tainted by it I had to speak to a Franciscan nun, who was very kind. Any mention of AC's name really freaks me out. So I don't deny the existence of real and profound evil. I don't deny people can be tricked. But I do not think all witches worship Lucifer.

On a lighter note, I don't really feel like their "hexing" was very effective last time around!!!
I wish it did work on him and the whole US military bombing the hell out of some impoverished country,but it wont and the wheels sadly keep turning.
Trump and Epstein,good friends,thats evil,glad one of em is dead,just sad he didnt face justice,Prince Andrew needs a black spell putting on him,he's up to his neck in some bad shit,to the law though he is untouchable,thats evil.

Joking about spells,not something i believe is true,but if it was..........
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
Prince Andrew was a good-0-pal of Epstein's ....

The pics showed him letting a supposedly underage
female out of Jefferie's NYC house....

Who stays with folks that they are NOT friends with you....
Randy Andy has some splainin to do it seems ...

Oh yeah, I don't believe for one second that Epstein committed suicide ....
I believe they killed that bad actor to keep him for telling what he knew ....

BUT. ... They did find his record book Big Grin

Trump did say that Epstein was removed (from Trump's property) for allegedly
trying to hit on girls that Trump considered TOO YOUNG ....

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I hate the US military and the UK anyone just doing there job bombing kids to hell,is this what we have become,proud to invade and rob the oil,leave countries in a worse state than they were in,makes millions of us sick to the teeth,still not learnt from Vietnam have you.
I dont hate soldiers sent to do someone elses agenda,its those with the hidden agendas i dont like.Contarcts for how many in gov?
The worlds in a total mess cos of these types,and thats a damn fact.Dont compare me to a nazi,my family fell fighting those bastards.
Ok .... This is getting just toooo far out there ... G E is absolutely NO NAZI period ....

Enough all ready ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Let's see if we can try to agree to disagree .... With no mud... Well for a nice word, let's go with no mud slinging...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit