Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who uses valdoxan to treat their anxiety/depression?
My doctor has suggested I try Valdoxan rather than SSRIs cause I’m sick of the side effects. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?
i've never heard of it; will research; thanks!
Always look at the bright side of your life. 
Melvin Udall; As Good As It Gets.
I have also never heard of such an animal ...

Quote:What are the side effects of Valdoxan?

Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people): dizziness, sleepiness (somnolence), difficulty in sleeping (insomnia), feeling sick (nausea), diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain, back pain, tiredness, anxiety, abnormal dreams, increased levels of liver enzymes in your blood, vomiting, weight increased.

VALDOXAN can help regulate your 'body clock' (circadian rhythm) with positive benefits on mood and sleep in depression.

What is Valdoxan good for?

depression

What is Valdoxan and what is it used for? Valdoxan is a medicine used to treat major depression in adults. Major depression is a condition in which patients have mood disturbances that interfere with their everyday life.

Maybe they are on to something ... Seems like everything they "try" on us has some strange side effects...

Best of luck in your trials ..

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(02-16-2020, 05:50 AM)Doook Wrote: My doctor has suggested I try Valdoxan rather than SSRIs cause I’m sick of the side effects. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?

What are the side effects you are experience on SSRIs ? according to what side effect ,  you will might find the ATD that don't have this kind of side effect. Also, for example, SSRIs cause sexual side effect , cause it stimulate the 5-HT2a receptor on the spinal cord, this can affect orgasm, and in males ejaculation. For example, others ATD like Trazodone, block this receptor and it is use it in with it at low dose or replace it. 
Know in the kind of side effect, it is crucial. Most side effects, are cause the SSRIs activate serotonin receptor in the whole body, and in some parts, that it is what cause the side effects. Other ATD, block such receptor in certain part of the body, can counteract this side effects ( like in the example I told you ) .

Now, if you doctor have that in mind, or simple thought " lets try something 
totally different " we will not know it if we don't know the sides effects you are having.
(04-30-2020, 05:41 PM)Cansel76 Wrote: No one that I know uses that medication to relieve anxiety or stress the have bemzos for that lol!!!!!
Benzos, specially if you use them 24x7 it have side effect on memory , cognition, etc . OF course that most meds have side effects, but, this is kind of sides are predominant of Benzos, and when you start to forget even words , well, that is when ATD are use it. Many ATD have anti anxiety side effects without. affecting memory, etc. 

For example, if you are a profession, if you must conference, or simple a job exposition , this could be a really big problem as side effect. If you are on University and you are son bezos, forget it, it is almost impossible to remember the most simple things. 
Plus, Benzo for some people, can be really, really addictive .
(04-27-2020, 04:55 AM)killingstress Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 05:50 AM)Doook Wrote: My doctor has suggested I try Valdoxan rather than SSRIs cause I’m sick of the side effects. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?

What are the side effects you are experience on SSRIs ? according to what side effect ,  you will might find the ATD that don't have this kind of side effect. Also, for example, SSRIs cause sexual side effect , cause it stimulate the 5-HT2a receptor on the spinal cord, this can affect orgasm, and in males ejaculation. For example, others ATD like Trazodone, block this receptor and it is use it in with it at low dose or replace it. 
Know in the kind of side effect, it is crucial. Most side effects, are cause the SSRIs activate serotonin receptor in the whole body, and in some parts, that it is what cause the side effects. Other ATD, block such receptor in certain part of the body, can counteract this side effects ( like in the example I told you ) .

totally different " we will not know it if we don't know the sides effects you are having.

This is the most important information: you must tell your doctor (in detail) the types of side effects you are having. This should allow them to change to an antidepressant that is more suited to your body chemistry, over time, of course. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

I also couldn't help but notice that Valdoxan is not FDA-approved in the United States, even though it's already approved in Europe and Australia. I would ask your doctor what types of medications he might recommend that would be given to a patient that does not have access to this medication. I don't want the USA to be the "center of the drug universe" - I just think there might be an alternative that already exists on the market, like Wellbutrin.
(07-08-2020, 07:24 PM)Chopsticks44 Wrote:
I know this is an older post, but any update on how Valdoxan has helped you or any side effects you experienced?

Hi chopsticks. I’m still taking Valdoxan daily - my anxiety and depression is under control currently but I’ve made a lot of lifestyle changes also that have helped significantly so can’t say for sure how much of a contribution its making. There have been a couple of instances where I’ve run out and stopped taking for a few days and started feeling quite sad but then quickly feel better again once taking again. As for other side effects, I can’t really think of any that have impacted me - having a lot of experience with SSRIs I felt like the valdoxan wasnt doing anything as I hadn’t noticed other negative side effects. 

It certainly seems like one of the milder antidepressants out there

(07-31-2020, 10:25 PM)inedibleflower Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 04:55 AM)killingstress Wrote:

This is the most important information: you must tell your doctor (in detail) the types of side effects you are having. This should allow them to change to an antidepressant that is more suited to your body chemistry, over time, of course. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

I also couldn't help but notice that Valdoxan is not FDA-approved in the United States, even though it's already approved in Europe and Australia. I would ask your doctor what types of medications he might recommend that would be given to a patient that does not have access to this medication. I don't want the USA to be the "center of the drug universe" - I just think there might be an alternative that already exists on the market, like Wellbutrin.

Yes I live in Australia. We have a govt. subsidy system for approved medications called the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and it’s not current on the list, so it’s expensive, but I’m generally happier now so continue to take it. 

I must say I have had my moments when I’ve been sceptical to it’s effectiveness and that it’s been pushed upon doctors by pharma reps over SSRIs but I’m that kinda person with let’s say, more radical views
(05-01-2020, 07:55 AM)killingstress Wrote: Benzos, specially if you use them 24x7 it have side effect on memory , cognition, etc . OF course that most meds have side effects, but, this is kind of sides are predominant of Benzos, and when you start to forget even words , well, that is when ATD are use it. Many ATD have anti anxiety side effects without. affecting memory, etc. 

For example, if you are a profession, if you must conference, or simple a job exposition , this could be a really big problem as side effect. If you are on University and you are son bezos, forget it, it is almost impossible to remember the most simple things. 
Plus, Benzo for some people, can be really, really addictive .

I know I'm coming to this comment really late, but there is reasonable evidence that turmeric helps with the cognitive impairment caused by b€nzos. I'm not saying it is a silver bullet that cures everything, but I think turmeric has helped me. I still forget words, but not as much. And yes I am in a profession at a university that requires a lot of public speaking - but I can manage a 1 hour lecture without notes so I'm managing ok.

Anyway, turmeric capsules are quite cheap and don't seem to have any side effects (for me) so I'm going to carry on taking them. Others using b€nzos regularly might consider investigating turmeric.
Thank you barq I will give turmeric a go also