Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working from home?
(05-14-2020, 01:32 PM)Furyan66 Wrote: Greetings to all,

I am one of those blessed enough to be able to still have a job and be able to work from home.

Been working from home since mid March. It was a pretty easy transition for me as I was already able to work from home 2 out of 5 days a week.

I have about a 70 mile round trip back and fourth to work on a Tollway so working from home every day has allowed me to eliminate my travel expenses and same me quite a bit of money.

Now with the "new normal" whatever the hell that is, my work is considering allowing us to work from home all the time with the exception of driving in every now and then for a meeting etc.

It's probably easier for me than a lot of people since I live alone and don't have any distractions and the financial savings make it even better.

I do miss seeing my friends in the office but we will just have to see what happens as my work is talking about making it permanent once all this is over if it ever is...

I am very blessed to have this option when so many others are suffering without a job every day. I will not forget that and my prayers go out to all during these very difficult and stressful times

Peace and prayers to all

Fury
That would be great if you get to work from home. What a huge time and money saver plus less wear and tear on your vehicle. For companies where productivity is up with employees at home they will be more likely continue it after this over. This definitely pushed companies to try work from home.
I ended up moving home because I wasn’t able to seperate work from life. Now the top floor is my office space, and bottom floor my living space. So helpful, and the new place is beautiful.

I’ve been training in the gym daily after work as a circuit breaker to help switch off. I’ve cut back on alcohol massively, only drinking 1 beer most nights. Not smoking pot anymore either... wow what an improvement this has made to my anxiety, previously smoked quite heavily nightly.

So many great lifestyle changes have really helped. I’m so glad I have found a silver lining from this virus!
That’s great Doook that you implemented so many positive lifestyle changes during this crisis. I wish I had your motivation!

The best thing that wfh has allowed me to do is finally get a pet!
(09-02-2020, 09:39 PM)happyvibe Wrote: That’s great Doook that you implemented so many positive lifestyle changes during this crisis.  I wish I had your motivation!

The best thing that wfh has allowed me to do is finally get a pet!

My dog is my best mate! Pets are the best support anyone could have
Greetings All,

Still working from home but it turns out to be bitter sweet.

Major petroleum company I work for was hit hard by pandemic and I they are completely eliminating all jobs at my facility as of 04/30/2021. People being let go in waves starting as early as October 2020 and I am lucky to be working on special project which requires my departments expertise and it this time will allow me to keep my position until the end 04/30/2021, "tentatively".

I will get a rather nice severance package for nearly 2 decades of service but of course the company put a clause in the the package that I have to ride this out to the end or forfeit my severance if I leave early. Also since my current end date is "tentative" they can move it forward or extend my end date since working from home since they have already announced the sale of the entire campus I used to work at . I have no way at all at this time to plan for whats next as my end date is tentative and they got me by the balz with the severance package.

This company has been good to me and I am grateful for the time I have left with the company, being able to work the rest of my tenure with the company from home and the severance but going to be hard at my age to start over again.

Could maybe get another position with company but that would mean moving overseas and not willing to do that.

Not knowing is the worst

Peace all and sorry for the rant

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
I am so sorry Fury. I am watching the housing market collapse in safer areas of NY. Waiting to see if holiday weekend will give us a spike again.

I am so sorry. You have a strong attitude about this. I pray it works out.

Pretty heavy duty consequences. We don't even know one iota of what is really going on. I recall my new CC that i had not used yet, was cancelled on March 1st, cuz someone whom knew about covid decided, as i was in epicenter, that i would not have income.

Prayers will go up for all suffering with all the changes going on. I am so sorry.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
(09-07-2020, 11:28 AM)Charon Wrote: I am so sorry Fury. I am watching the housing market collapse in safer areas of NY. Waiting to see if holiday weekend will give us a spike again.

I am so sorry. You have a strong attitude about this. I pray it works out.

Pretty heavy duty consequences.  We don't even know one iota of what is really going on. I recall my new CC that i had not used yet, was cancelled on March 1st, cuz someone whom knew about covid decided, as i was in epicenter, that i would not have income.

Prayers will go up for all suffering with all the changes going on. I am so sorry.

Hi Charon, It's been to long and thank you. I can only imagine what it's like where you are. I hear the stories of the exodus.
I am the last person to quit and will find a way to survive. You are right "We don't even know one iota of what is really going on" and that is the worst part. Not knowing.

Peace and Prayers to all more than ever

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
I’m sorry to read about your job Fury. My job is currently having rolling layoffs as well. Probably will be the case until economic recovery in 2022. I hope you are able to find another job within your company without having to go abroad.
Fury,
I think we all are feeling what your feeling. These are such unsettling times.

All we can do right now is hope for the best, try to stay happy, and Say a little prayer.

We will get through this. Our lives may be different at the end of all this, but we will survive.

OR
(03-18-2020, 01:59 AM)Orange rabbit Wrote: Ice,
The pj had all kinds of colorful troll dolls on them no less!

Yes embarrassed like you can’t you believe.

OR

HAHA!  That's funny, OR!  At least you HAD your jammies on.

(09-07-2020, 11:07 AM)Furyan66 Wrote: Greetings All,

Still working from home but it turns out to be bitter sweet.

Major petroleum company I work for was hit hard by pandemic and I they are completely eliminating all jobs at my facility as of 04/30/2021. People being let go in waves starting as early as October 2020 and I am lucky to be working on special project which requires my departments expertise and it this time will allow me to keep my position until the end 04/30/2021, "tentatively".

I will get a rather nice severance package for nearly 2 decades of service but of course the company put a clause in the the package that I have to ride this out to the end or forfeit my severance if I leave early. Also since my current end date is "tentative" they can move it forward or extend my end date since working from home since they have already announced the sale of the entire campus I used to work at . I have no way at all at this time to plan for whats next as my end date is tentative and they got me by the balz with the severance package.

This company has been good to me and I am grateful for the time I have left with the company, being able to work the rest of my tenure with the company from home and the severance but going to be hard at my age to start over again.

Could maybe get another position with company but that would mean moving overseas and not willing to do that.

Not knowing is the worst

Peace all and sorry for the rant

Fury

I love the way you keep the "positives" in mind in the face of adversities.  I wouldn't be willing to move either.  My husband and I have both faced changing jobs and dealing with age discrimination.  Hang in there with your great severance package in sight.  I'm sure a door will open when the time is right.  Prayers~M