Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID UPDATES. TIME TO DECIDE ABOUT SPREADING COVID
I seen those too!... what brought me hope was seeing new updates on a VACCINE. If it just a matter of time for our local PMD or GP ect to give it to patients...I also seen a video claiming it may take a year to cure it. That...woould be insane
"There's no place like home.”
Prayers and blessings to all of you during these difficult times.  Vendors, members, we're all a family here and I wish everyone the best.   Heart
It’s a mad mad mad mad world!
I am on the front line right now. Its just ramping up.
Fear of the unknown is what is hard to deal with. I cant turn away from it because it is what I have to do.
Its quite true that supplies are not available. I feel as if I am putting my life on the line every day right now.
The next 2 weeks are going to be rough
I am sure that this has been with us for a couple of months we just never knew.
Hopefully this will pass and we will all say.... "that was it" Keep the prayers coming.
Unfortunately, some individuals are not following the advice of our health officials to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Some folks are going to the grocery stores daily to buy up toilet paper, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer and other essential products just to hoard these items. My wife and I are both in the high risk group and we had to go to 5 different stores to find toilet paper because we were down to our last roll which possibly exposed us to COVID-19 virus. Folks need to go back to there normal routine of shopping once a week and buying normal quantities of groceries and supplies.
It's sad that scammers are taking advantage of everyone's current state of fear to make money. We both have received numerous emails with offers to sell miracle remedies that claim to cure the virus. We have not received any visits, like Charon described, offering to test you for the COVID-19 virus while they rob your home, but the local new agencies are warning of these scams.
The sooner everyone gets onboard with the recommendations of our health officials, the sooner we can go back to our normal lives. Everyone needs to cooperate now, and pray that we can get back to our regular routines soon. Bunker down, pray and stay safe everyone.
The elderly and those with underlying immune system issues were allowed to shop from 6-8 am at local store. Some official changed the hours late last nite. 6-7 am only.

When houseshare got there, the shelves were empty. and One woman had run in and had Isopropel Alcohol in her carts. All of it. And all these young men came in laughing and saying they were there for their parents. Balderdash. They were BSing around in store I am told.

God bless all of you working on the frontlines. And God bless all the retired medical professionals whom returned to work at least in NY.

GET THEM THE EYE WEAR, THE GOOD AND NEW MASKS, AND TONS OF GLOVES. Bring in relief so they can sleep. And process all that is going on.

Prayers indeed, whata pain.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Prayers for everyone and especially to those of you and especially to those on the front line.

OR
amen. and u stay safe as well. glad u do work at home.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(03-21-2020, 04:58 PM)Bubba Gamps Wrote: Unfortunately, some individuals are not following the advice of our health officials to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.  Some folks are going to the grocery stores daily to buy up toilet paper, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer and other essential products just to hoard these items.  My wife and I are both in the high risk group and we had to go to 5 different stores to find toilet paper because we were down to our last roll which possibly exposed us to COVID-19 virus.  Folks need to go back to there normal routine of shopping once a week and buying normal quantities of groceries and supplies.
    It's sad that scammers are taking advantage of everyone's current state of fear to make money. We both have received numerous emails with offers to sell miracle remedies that claim to  cure the virus.  We have not received any visits, like Charon described, offering to test you for the COVID-19 virus while they rob your home, but the local new agencies are warning of these scams.
The sooner everyone gets onboard with the recommendations of our health officials, the sooner we can go back to our normal lives.  Everyone needs to cooperate now, and pray that we can get back to our regular routines soon.  Bunker down, pray and stay safe everyone.

Totally agree, people act like they are going to shut the stores down, I don’t understand? I’ve always done my shopping on Sunday afternoons and I don’t think it hit me until I went the Sunday before last and saw all the shelves empty. I wish people understood that even if their area goes into lock down that grocery stores, pharmacies and doctor/hospitals will remain open. So yes if everyone did their normal shopping our shelves would be normal, our workers wouldn’t be over worked and at high risk due to so many shoppers at once. Even the delivery options are booked out until 1st week of April now, couldn’t get a slot because every time was taken. 

I just want to say thank you to everyone who works in these essential industries right now. You are the true hero’s of this world and I’m sure most are underpaid. I hope they look into adding hazard pay to everyone’s check! Some companies are already doing so such as Amazon and Stop n Shop but it should be For everyone out there working right now.
~~Patience is the gateway to success~~
(03-21-2020, 05:14 PM)Charon Wrote: The elderly and those with underlying immune system issues were allowed to shop from 6-8 am at local store. Some official changed the hours late last nite. 6-7 am only.

When houseshare got there, the shelves were empty. and One woman had run in and had  Isopropel Alcohol in her carts. All of it.  And all these young men came in laughing and saying they were there for their parents.  Balderdash.  They were BSing around in store I am told.

Sorry to hear that.

We have exactly the same problem in the UK. The big stores are hiring thousands of new staff to restock the shelves more quickly. No supply side shortage, so if people bought more normally it would all be fine. Luckily panic buying is normally a relatively short-lived behavioural response to uncertainty. Not saying it'll stop tomorrow, but it won't go on forever (people hit a saturation point when they have a full cupboard). Besides I think governments may have to act. I don't like the idea of rationing being imposed, but we may see police at major stores if people don't calm down. Stores have tried to impose item limits and it might be that police enforce that. So much for the British "blitz spirit". I hear the British army are getting instructions to work on a plan to deliver food and household goods to the vulnerable.

Due to my anxiety disorder I bought hand gel and isopropyl alcohol very early. I won't lie, when I saw the ebay prices I was tempted to make money selling it (10x what I paid), but I can't bring myself to do it as I think it immoral (although not actually illegal in the UK). I supplied my elderly parents with gel which was always the aim, but then able to give away small bottles of gel to friends and neighbours. People have reciprocated by swapping it for food. I'm trying, with my psychology hat on, to start a virtuous circle of local help. Even the look of gratitude on someone's face when I give them free alcohol gel is worth it. I'm giving them to local shops because their staff are also in the front line.